Grave Deeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grave Deeds

Does anybody know if cemeteries keep a record of grave deeds ?

deeds

If it was a council cemetery they will know who bought the plot.I think the deeds were given to the person who bought the plot.I do not know if they kept a copy.I have my grandparents deeds they were passed on to my Aunt,she passed them on to me as she was to be intered in the same grave.
    When my aunt died i had to let the undertaker see the deeds,then fill in a form to say i am the registered owner now.
    Last edited by alan 128; 11-05-09, 17:49.

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

I have the copy of the deeds for OHs grandads grave, bought by granny....

Comment

Highgate Cemetery had a record of my great-grandparents' grave and the last registered owner, and a similar situation existed for OH's great-grandparents' grave in Beckenham Cemetery.

Beckenham Cemetery allowed us to photograph the pages of its record book.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I got my records from the LIverpool Central Library who have all the records for Liverpool.
          I rang the cemeteries office with the date of death and two days later they gave me the burial numbers for all in the grave, which I took to Liverpool Library (records Office) and they showed me the burial books, which gave me the name of the grave owner and who had previously owned the grave if passed on and addresses too, as well as the deceased people.

I dont know if your area does this but try the cemeteries office if you know it.

Edna

Comment

Forfar Cemetary Office were fantastic when I queried who was in a certain plot.

They told me when the plot and 2 adjoining ones had been purchased (they were all bought together by an ancestor and her son) and how much they cost. Also the names and dates of deaths of everyone in the 3 plots including a stillborn - which explains why OH's granny was an only child.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
            X