Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheres best site to find 2 children?

hi,

i am on the hunt for 2 children. thanks to 1911 census there are 2extra children that both died. i believe they both happened between census as not listed on any of them.

the parents married in 1876 and 1st child was born 1879 (is on the 1881 census), the next child wasnt born until 1885, then they are every 2 yrs. so i think there is 1 after marriage and 1 in other gap.

the problem is the surname is MITCHELL and the family are in yorkshire (weaverthorpe and bradford on census records). MMN isnt going to be listed as too early.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

You could look on Yorkshire BMD just in case they have mother's maiden name. Also if you think they died very young then you only need to look for deaths of children, I know it sounds obvious but some people start with looking at the births whereas it is best to start with the deaths. Also if you think they would have been baptised and you know where they would be baptised, you could try looking at the parish registers?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Where were the parents married?
      Where were the other children born/baptised?
      No Mitchell baptisms showing on Hugh Wallis for Weaverthorpe 1862 - 1888.

I think 1911 is throwing up a similar problem for many of us.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Just had a look on Yorks BMD...

No Bradford deaths transcribed yet (or not uploaded, anyway).
        No age-at-death records, anyway.
        No MMN shown on the Bradford births, even tho' there is a slot.

It's all down to who has time/energy to do the transcribing. If you have a lot from there, they might be interested in you doing some transcribing for them, so you might get sight of a bit you're after?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Similarly no deaths on Yorkshirebmd for the Driffield Reg Dist (which included the village of Weaverthorpe.)

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

thanks very much for the above. nearly all my lines have thrown up extra siblings that were not known about. most have been relatively easy to find as not common surnames.

clara richardson married james mitchell in bradford (district) vol 9b page 218, no cert at mo.)

the other kids are all listed as bradford - not sure if this means bradford itself or bradford district.

Comment

were they living in the same place in 1901 & 1911. Same town or village I mean really, I think.
              Jess

Comment

1881 - bradford
                1891 - bradford st augustine, bradford
                1901 - bradford st augustine, bradford
                1911 - undercliffe, bradford

Comment

Working...
                X