Reply paid from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply paid from Australia

Can anyone tell me how I can send a reply paid envelope to someone I am writing to in Australia who I think might be related to me?
    I have looked on the Royal Mail site and they only talk about business reply paid services.
    Thanks,
    Margaret

There is some sort of system for international prepayment... I just haven't seen it. You see people requiring some sort of voucher when they have, say, a small business which might attract international customers.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

A few years ago there was a thing called "International Postage Coupon" or similar which you could get from your local PO, don't know if they still exist though, I'd be tempted to put a couple of AUS dollars in with the letter.
      Regards
      L

Comment

Here in Oz, IRCs are still available, I think a man bought some when i was in the post office. If you could get hold of Aussie stamps, a standard letter to UK costs about $1 airmail.
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

International reply coupons
          Elaine

Comment

There used to be a service from UK to Australia or any other country which accepted them, for International Reply Paid Coupon which you obtained from your local main Post Office. However, I am not sure if this now still exists, but you would need to approach the main PO branch for more details. It can be difficult for small sums for Australia as other ways are very expensive. My OH these days tends to get money changed to Australian dollars and sends in post to renew Australian Family History Associations and just takes a chance on losing a few quid. He has not lost anything so far in 10 years!

Janet

Comment

Thanks Elaine - why didn't I see that? I thought I went all over the site but clearly missed the crucial bit!!
              Margaret

Comment

Ill try the dollars if the coupons have stopped.
                Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                  Thanks Elaine - why didn't I see that?
                  Lack of red wine on a Sunday morning! It's cloudy today - you're not missing much!
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    Lack of red wine on a Sunday morning! It's cloudy today - you're not missing much!
                    You're right, I've just been to the pub to remedy that - but with some 'real ale'. It's quite pleasant here today even sat out at the pub, but it won't last ;)
                    How was your trip?
                    Margaret

Comment

Good trip thanks Margaret. Lovely to catch up with the family.
                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                      X