North Yorkshire RO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Yorkshire RO

Is anyone going? Or to one of the local ROs that hold the PRs for Ebberston?

I'm after a look up please. Would gladly do you some ERY look up in exchange

Thanks in advance
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Think it would be under Pickering Town one Jeanette, know Lockton and other areas in that area are or Whitby I think
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks Babs....doesn't look as though anyone's going though
      Jeanette

Comment

Hi Jeanette,

It might be worth e-mailing rydale family history society. Ryedale FH Group Home Page

I have a brick wall with my Dobsons in Pickering and looked on their website for inspiration. They do say that

"if If you need help with local research, a 'brick wall' in your family tree or have a query about research in other places, please contact"

Ebberston is listed as being covered by their area.

Sandra

Comment

Thanks Sandra. What I'm after is the full transcription of a baptism I found on the IGI....to see if there were any further clues given. Do you think they'll be able to help with that?
          Jeanette

Comment

SORTED!

Thanks for taking the time to look and for the kind offers I have had
            Jeanette

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
              Hi Jeanette,

It might be worth e-mailing rydale family history society. Ryedale FH Group Home Page

I have a brick wall with my Dobsons in Pickering and looked on their website for inspiration. They do say that

"if If you need help with local research, a 'brick wall' in your family tree or have a query about research in other places, please contact"

Ebberston is listed as being covered by their area.

Sandra
              NB Sandra: Spotted this old document; (Did not sell this week Lot 156) but i thought it might be of interest for you. Ring them if interested
              http://thompsonsauctioneers.com/auction-13-06-14/ Might take a lot less for it

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for flagging this up. The problem with the Dobson's of Pickering is that there was an awful lot of them! Robert Dobson could be mine but.....by the same token he might not be! I have Robert Dobson with a possible baptism 1779 and parents Robert Dobson and Ann but as I do not know with any degree of certainty when he was born this is largely guess work/probability. If correct Roberts parents would have been born c1750. This is very much work in progress......

Sandra

Comment

Working...
                X