Sussex FHG (members' access) online database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sussex FHG (members' access) online database

I've been a member of Sussex Family History Group for a while. They have lots of interesting things on their website (Sussex Family History Group Home Page), but I believe that the (members only) online database has been available only fairly recently.

It's mainly Baptisms at the moment, and there's some overlap with what's on the IGI, but with extra details (father's occupation, private baptism info, etc).

The search function will take a bit of getting used to, but it promises very well.

It certainly reinforces that recommendation that, if you have any number of tree-names in one place, then it's worth joining the local family history society/group. Subs aren't usually enormous, and you''be supporting research for an area which matters to you.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Have they got any burials yet? A few of mine died in Sussex but I don't think I have any who were born there.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I was looking for burials, too, but didn't spot any.

On the other hand, they have a very cooperative OPC system. Have a look here:
      SFHG - Tombstones & Burials Index

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks. It looks as though it only covers churchyards so I doubt if mine would be in there as I would think they would be buried in cemeteries.
        KiteRunner

Comment

I think there's an email option. it might be worth checking? Just in case they cover cemeteries - or some... Just thought. There's a cemetery site that covers somewhere in the SE...

*goes off to peruse bookmarks*

Christine

Comment

There's this - but it's not the one I was thinking about:
            Sussex Gravestone Photographic Resource Project index

Doesn't look as if there are any municipal cemeteries amongst them yet.

Christine

Comment

Thanks, Christine.
              KiteRunner

Comment

This is the one:

Is it in the Wiki? I didn't recognise/spot it when I looked.

Christine

Comment

Try this one, I find it helpful for some of my Sussex ancestors

Sussex OPC Frames Home page

Jo

Comment

Working...
                  X