Need help to do a good deed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to do a good deed.

I came across a bag full of photos (about 100 in all). Mainly wedding and honeymoon pictures with a few other family photos.

I've kept these photo's safe for about 10 year in the hope that one day I could return them to the rightful owner.

I have now found some one who I believe is the right person, but I don't know how to get in touch with them.

I found their details on a website 'Twitter' under the name of L. M (L.M of London). I've been fumbling around with that website for hours, and it has me beaten.

I found a couple of people with the same name on Facebook, but without the man's photo I cant be sure which one is which (so I sent a message to them all and I'm still waiting for replies).

In the meantime.....could you offer any suggestions on how to get in touch with Mr. LM.

Regards

Tralena
    Last edited by Tralena; 11-05-09, 16:06.

A LM living London W2 is listed on the 2002-2008 electoral rolls according to a free search on 192.com.

Unfortunately no phone number is given so it would cost money (don't know how much) to get the full details of his address.

Good luck,

Ice
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 11-05-09, 16:33. Reason: removed name of living person

Comment

P.S. There are a couple of other people living at the same address, one could be his wife so if her name is on any of the photos you might be able to confirm that they are the correct people.

Ice

Comment

Thanks for your help Ice.

There was only one name on the back of the photos....it was an old picture of a baby. It said, baby lars.

I've had my magnifying glasses out and found many clues of the places this couple and their families have visited.

The most important clue was a wage slip from 1988 for an L M working in the Danish Bacon Company. There was also a photo showing what looks like the company.

I contacted the company to see if they had any info...the receptionist was no help, in fact she sounded quite rude....said she didn't have time for this and her lines were very busy (I'm just glad I wasn't caring for her photos).

I'll give 192.com a try....but I would prefer to contact them via this Twitter site (as I'm sure to get the right person). Its just such a difficult site to understand...or is that just me!!!!

Tralena
        Last edited by Tralena; 11-05-09, 16:07.

Comment

Oh dear....its £9.95 for 5 Credits. I'll have to put that root on hold for a while (specially as I cant be sure its the right family).

Next month will be a better time for me to purchase these credits, if in the meantime I don't get any joy from another website.

Are there any expert Twitters out there!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tralena View Post
            Are there any expert Twitters out there!!!!!!
            Stephen Fry is one!
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

JU

Lol, Thanks for putting a smile on my face.....

So much for wanting to do a good deed....All its done is give me a headache............

Comment

Is this link any good?

Christine
                Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 11-05-09, 16:33. Reason: link to living person removed
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Or this one? (If you hover the cursor over the photos, you can see he's the one in the main shot.)

C
                  Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 11-05-09, 16:33. Reason: link to living person removed
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Bingo, Christine

I,m 99.9% sure the picture in the second post you sent (A PSP at Ofcom) is the right man

Same hair colour, Same nose and simular smile, be it he looks 25/30 years older.

I'll write to this website straight away...fingers crossed its the right man, I'll let you know the out come.

Oh and the one from Facebook, I wrote a message to that fella yesterday, but haven't received a reply yet.

I also contacted the library in W2....They were lovely people and most helpful. They said they had a LM address but couldn't give out the details, so I've left them my details and some clues from the photographs and the library will contact the family on my behalf.

So Thank you all for your support, I'm sure Mr & Mrs LM would be most grateful too.

I think I can safely say this thread is completed.

Thank you so much guys and girls.

Edited for update:
                    I contacted the lady at the W2 library/council (her name was Moria). I explained I now had an address (thanks to Jill on the A272) and if she could confirm it was the same as the one she was going to write to, I could save her the effort and write to the Mouritzen address myself....it was the same address.
                    Last edited by Tralena; 11-05-09, 16:08. Reason: update:

Comment

I have some spare credits for 192.com and have pm'd you

Comment

Hi Jill on the A272

I just wanted to thank you again for your kindness.....(hope you got my PM). I will write to the address you found for me.

You are all such sweet, caring people.

I'm so glad I found this site..

Thank you all again.

Comment

Let us know if you achieve a happy ending:D

Comment

Will do, fingers (and toes) all crossed for that happy ending.

Comment

Great detective work everyone, I am looking forward to the outcome.

........................gosh, you lot are brilliant:D.................pats on backs all round

Comment

I didn't think there were so many early birds on a Sunday morning.

And I second that, they are wonderful....I just wish I had half the knowledge you guys and girls have.

Also thank you to Maggiemay for the PM.

I now have 2 home address' to write to for the name LM:
                                39A ***W2
                                39B*** W2.
                                They do have different street names, but it does seem they could be related (maybe Father and Son)????

I'll post the outcome as soon as I hear something.

Tralena
                                Last edited by Tralena; 11-05-09, 16:09.

Comment

I have attached 2 sets of pictures....Do you think the 2 attachments are the same people....
                                  or is it wishful thinking!!!!!!!

Sorry about the quality of the set with the bride in, its my 2nd attempt at scanning and attaching.
                                  Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 11-05-09, 15:18. Reason: removed images which relate to living people

Comment

I don't think it is wishfull thinking. There are similarities. Reminds me of the before and after 'you're killing your kids', of course Lars and misses look like the healthy version

I reckon your adventure is nearing its end. Well done. I hope they are truely grateful and that you get free bacon for life -- you deserve it

ps Mrs Lars doesn't smile much - are there happier photos of her?
                                    Last edited by nigele2; 10-05-09, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by nigele2 View Post

ps Mrs Lars doesn't smile much - are there happier photos of her?
                                      Perhaps she'll smile when she gets the photos back, perhaps it was lars who lost them and he's been in the dog house since
                                      Margaret

Comment

lol, I love bacon sarnies, but I dont think I'd be getting any.

According to the websites I got the older Mr LM from says he is in some sort of media job. (and I dont think he's promoting streaky back bacon). lol

The photo's of the bride are not the best ones of her....but I choose them because they were the only ones where she wasn't smiling, I thought it would be easier to compare her to the older picture.

Most of the photographs are so lovely, that's why I never had the heart to bin them.....Mrs M is quite a beautiful looking lady and they do look so happy together.

I wonder how the years have faired for them....call me an old romantic, but I hope they are as happy now as they looked in their younger days.

Tralena
                                        Last edited by Tralena; 11-05-09, 16:10.

Comment

Working...
                                        X