Berkhampstead death records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkhampstead death records

Hi. Does anyone have access to these either on disc or know of a site online (started googling, but haven't come across anything yet). I found mention of a death for a Rosamond Boyd in 1876 but don't know if she is who I'm looking for as I don't have a name for my man's mother - just seems a co-incidence that her death is in Berkhampstead around the time his children are being born. Doesn't seem to be any other Boyds in that area since the 40s. I'm hoping any records show her as wife of William (a farmer), probably born in Ireland.

Hi Margaret -

from FreeBMD I see there is the death that you are probably asking about:

Boyd Rosamond/Rosamund Berkhampstead 3a 275
    Sept qr 1876
    aged 70

This is enough information to order the death certificate.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

1851 Census

Wife of William!

Class: HO107; Piece: 1712; Folio: 158; Page: 9;

Bishops Hatfield (now today Hatfield)
      William Boyd Mar 42 Publican Born Herts Tring
      Rosamond Wife Mar 43? Born Norfolk Wherewell??
      John 9 Herts Tring
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

You could try the following website which has many Herts Parish Registers on here.

hertsdirect.org Search Results (Google Search Appliance)

I could not find a Rosamund Boyd but did find an Ann Boyd getting married in Tring. Tring and Berkhamsted are close to each other but also on the borders of Buckinghamshire so you may need to look at Bucks as well.

Janet

Comment

There are Boyds in Berkhamsted/ Berkhampstead, in 1871.

cant see that lady though

David & his family, in Victoria Rd.

He is born Ireland
          Jess

Comment

You could try the following website which has many Herts Parish Registers on here.

hertsdirect.org Parish Registers

Once on this website go to Names Online on the right hand side.

I could not find a Rosamund Boyd but did find an Ann Boyd getting married in Tring. Tring and Berkhamsted are close to each other but also on the borders of Buckinghamshire so you may need to look at Bucks as well.

Sorry this is written twice but the Hals website is better than the one I have written above and I could not change the one above!

Janet
            Last edited by Janet; 09-05-09, 09:09.

Comment

Thanks for your help ladies. I was kind of hoping to find further evidence of whether Rosamond was David's mother or not, before ordering the certificate. I think from the info you have shown, that she is not, although she was married to a William......David was born in Ireland, went to England, married, had some children and then returned to Ireland, where he had more children. I just found it interesting that she died in Berkhampstead, around the time David's children were born and before he returned to Ireland. I have found his wife Emma and five of the children on the 1911 Irish census (no sign of him even though she says she is married).

Comment

Margaret, I shall be in Berkhamsted again in the next few days, would you like picture if the house still exists? I know Victoria Road well.

I wonder where Emma Hill lived?

Oh Heck!

look at this ( David is yours isn't he?)
                MARIAN EMILY BOYD
                Christening: 17 JAN 1869 North Church, Hertford, England

Parents:
                Father: DAVID BOYD Family
                Mother: EMMA

There is an Anna Maria too

Look here http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...and_Parishes_N

its also the church where I was christened!
                Last edited by Jessbowbag; 09-05-09, 13:29.
                Jess

Comment

Hi Jess.

Thanks so much for the offer - a photo would be great.

Emma was in service in 1861 (RG 9/838/22/37)

Here are her folks for the other years - think I've got the numbers right:

1841 HO 107/441/7

1851 HO 107/1716/24/168

1861 RG 9/841/?/24

1871 RG 10/1389/?/20

1881 RG 11/1446/?/22

1891 RG 12/1123/26/19

61-91 they were living at Bourne End Lane.

David is definitely mine - he also had a son David in England, whose daughter Lillie is living with Marian and her husband on the 1911 Irish census.

Comment

Working...
                  X