Scanning problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning problem

I have a HP Photosmart C5200 All-in-One which I have bought second hand from a friend. I am still trying to find my way round it.

I seem to have a problem when scanning images. The instruction booklet tells me that a preview image will appear on my computer screen and then I can edit it. This does not happen. The images go straight into a scan file.

I am trying to re-size a photo for the Photo board and cannot see where I can do this. Please HELP!

Joy

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    I have a HP Photosmart C5200 All-in-One which I have bought second hand from a friend. I am still trying to find my way round it.

I seem to have a problem when scanning images. The instruction booklet tells me that a preview image will appear on my computer screen and then I can edit it. This does not happen. The images go straight into a scan file.

I am trying to re-size a photo for the Photo board and cannot see where I can do this. Please HELP!
    Sounds as if you are missing out the preview scan and instead scanning directly.

Most programs scanning is a two stage operation.
    First one requests a preview, this scans at low resolution to allow sizing positioning etc.
    Second the scan proper.
    If you simply select scan the preview operation will be missed.
    Cheers
    Guy
    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thanks Brian but it looks like the manual has gone somewhere else :D

Guy - the problem is that I cannot see anywhere to do a preview. According to the instruction book a preview should appear on my computer screen but it
      doesn't. :(

As I said it is a new machine to me so I'm probably not doing something right.

I have sent HP support an e-mail so they might be able to put me straight.

Joy

Comment

But can't you edit the photo once you have scanned it in, or am I missing the point?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It seems the HP previews automatically.
          Are you using the controls on the scanner or are you using the computer software?

If using software the editing will be limited by the software.
          E.G. Adobe Acrobat will limit you to size, resolution, colour etc. of scans
          Photoshop will allow a larger range of edits.
          The software supplied with the scanner will probably limit you to options in between those of Adobe & Photoshop.

If you tell us what software came with the scanner we may be able to offer more guidance.
          Cheers
          Guy
          Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Hi Joy

I have uploaded the file so you can download the manual and that should help you out with what to do and how to use your HP Photosmart C5200.

Comment

Thank you all for your help. I have now had a reply from HP and I seem to have solved the problem. They have referred me to my Solution Centre software that came with the computer and led me through where to go.

Hopefully the result now will enable my photo to be coloured more successfully. Having said that though Wendy has done a marvellous job on it as it was before.

Joy

Comment

Working...
              X