Trying to find death of Kate Agnes Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find death of Kate Agnes Taylor

My grandmother's sister, Kate Agnes Taylor (aka Agnes Kate, but known in the family as Kate or Kitty) was said to have died as a young woman, but I've never been able to find her death record. She was born in Ipswich in 1883, and worked in service in Westcliffe-on-Sea, Southend, Essex. She never married. I have some postcards that she sent to family members, the last one I have is dated 1916, so she must have died after that date.
    I'd appreciate any advice on finding the record,
    thanks,
    Janet

It may be a long boring trawl through the death indexes, every K (or A) Taylor page for every quarter of every year.

Or you could wait until Freebmd transcribe them all. Not sure how long that would be.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Deaths Mar 1917

Taylor Agnes K 32 Eton 3a 1318

There's this one who is slightly too young.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
        It may be a long boring trawl through the death indexes, every K (or A) Taylor page for every quarter of every year.

Or you could wait until Freebmd transcribe them all. Not sure how long that would be.
        Nell, I think ancestry are working on doing a full index of the deaths (and marriages) same as they have for births, and I would think that will be ready long before FreeBMD finish the whole thing.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I have only found 2 where the ages would fit, one in 1926 in Worcester, and one in 1931 in Pontypool, but I don't have any info to suggest that she went to either of these places. Is there any way of checking without buying the certificates?

Comment

You could check on the 1911 census to see if there is someone of that name and age in those places?
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I see her birth reg was Q3 1883 so for the 1911 census she would have been 27 and turned 28 later in the year.

I think this is her though:

TAYLOR KATE AGNES F b 1885 in Ipswich, aged 26, living at Rochford district Essex

(so she has lost a year somewhere!)

In the same house is:

Alfred Warner 58
              Fanny Fletcher 33

Alfred is the head and Kate and Fanny are recorded as servants.

Comment

Thanks Merry Monty; that is her indeed!

Comment

Working...
                X