Ancestry Canada Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Canada Records

I have just had someone contact me about my Holvor/Holver family. I have been looking for Edith Holver for a while after being told she emigrated to Canada but haven't found her.

I now know she probably emigrated in 1905 and on Ancestry I have found 3 possible records of an Edith Holver.

2 in Quebec Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection) 1621 - 1967
    1 in Canadian Passengers Lists 1865 - 1935

I only have the UK subscription on Ancestry so cannot look at it myself is there anyone that could give me the information held within these records in case it is the elusive Edith? Myself and her new to research Grandson will be very grateful.

Regards
    Jill

Hi Jill,
    I could find only one Edith Holver reference in the Drouin collection...the others seem to have different first names

1. Marriage:Methodist Centenary Pointe-St-Charles Montreal
    Thomas Edward Price, conductor, of the City of Montreal, bachelor, of full age and Edith May Holver, spinster of the City of Montreal, of full age, were married on the authority of the publication of banns on the ninth day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and ten by me in the presence of the subscribing witnesses

Thomas Steele
    Mary Ross

Wm. Timberlake, minister

2. Canadian Passenger Lists
    Third Class Passenger 'Lake Champlain'
    Edith Holver, b.abt 1884,21 years, literate, domestic (servant), born England, Gloucester,destination Montreal, arriv.14 Jul 1905 'Lake Champlain', departed Liverpool, England

You could also consult Lovell's Directories for Montreal, which are free.
    Last edited by Macbev; 08-05-09, 16:04.

Beverley

Comment

Thank you Macbev and to Val who sent me the images.

It is definately my Edith Holvor. Wooohooo!!!

Regards
      Jill

Comment

Working...
      X