X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas for finding somebody in 1911

I have tried every variation I can think of
    Any ideas what to try next
    Susan Janover born May 1901 Hackney to a Lydia Rose who was not married to the Father Emanuel Janover
    have tried Susie .Sadie which is what she called herself when she got older
    and looked under Rose or Janover
    Her mother is by herself .

Sally? even Sarah?...

Comment

do you think so ??? ummm the only thing I do know is she called herself Susie in her teens then Sadie for some reason.
      Thanks Barbara will try those

Comment

I was just thinking of names that sounded like Sadie, was Rose, mums surname?

Comment

Of course there is a possibility she was sent to live with relatives, in which case heaven knows what they might have as a surname....( says she helpfully)

Comment

well I've come up with 0

tried searching with 1st name only and surname only, approx year and born in Hackney ... no luck
            ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

thanks Rachel and Barbara
              Barbara she was supposedly brought up by her mums sister Cordelia but she isnt with them in 1911??
              And yes her surname was Rose .
              Ah well another litle mystery

Comment

Fairly unusual name just try surname with nothing else at all, no date of birth, no place no first name?

I had difficulty with one of mine but she came up as Lizzie instead of Elizabeth!

Janet

Comment

If you are using online indexes, try all sorts of variations - including spelling errors in both first and second names.

I couldn't find my grandfather Francis for ages on the 1881 census - until I found him by chance - listed as Fracis! Even with the exact spelling unchecked, mis-spellings like this can slip through the net.

Ros

Comment

thanks Janet and Ross I have tried just using a S for the first name no surname Miss etc etc and no joy

Comment

Working...
                    X