Random emails in my inbox.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random emails in my inbox.

Every so often, I get emails from people I don't know in my inbox. The strange thing is, they're not addressed to me, so how do they arrive there - and why not to the correct recipient?

I don't understand, and I can't figure out how to ask Googlemail about it - they don't have a clearly-labelled 'contact us' button. :(

Is this spam? Or what? Should I worry, or just carry on deleting them?

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

What do you mean, they're not addressed to you? If you're using Googlemail, then when you click on "show details" does it show a different email address from yours? No, you can't contact Googlemail about something like that, but it is a free service, after all. You could click on "report spam" or "filter messages like these" ?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes, they're all from people I don't know to other people I don't know, at completely the wrong email address - for instance, the last one was to a chap at hotmail, not me at gmail.

And looking back through my spam, where I tend to send them, they all have attachments - which I wouldn't touch with a barge-pole.

(I never usually look in my spam - but I'm glad to see it's filtering out all the testosterone implants and other 'penile aids' I'm being offered! :D)

But how do some get through, and most thankfully don't? Still, I suppose as lng as I keep deleting them, there's no harm done?

Bee - definitely NOT in need of penile aid! Well, not if it's not attached....if you see what I mean!
      Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
      COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

It is a sad reflection on the world. As fast as IT companies try to stop some form of spam or whatever then a new one is invented.

You could try creating 2 extra accounts and do nothing with one and only direct friends with the other. See how quickly they attract rubbish.

One thing that annoys me is good but unknowing people sending me emails warning of a spam. They normally say "Don't open email from this guy or it will delete your m/c ...". Sometimes the clue is when they say "We have warned Norton but they have not stopped it". Norton is a product not a company. The object is of course to get everyone sending this vital warning to everyone really urgently and thuis block up the email system.

Sorry rambling and ranting about what most already know but if it stops one person then it is worth it. Now back to something cheerful - THE CRICKET - C'mon onions :D

Comment

Yes Nigel, I know what you mean about those 'beware of viruses' emails! It's when you see them come around again 2 or 3 years later that gets me!

Enjoy the cricket.

Bee.
          Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

If you receive an email it will be addressed to you.
            What often happens with spam emails is one email address is shown and the other recipients are hidden. This makes it appear as if the email has not been addressed to you.
            Don't worry about them simply delete them.
            Cheers
            Guy
            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Working...
            X