The things you find out....!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The things you find out....!!

Have just received my Great Grandad's death certificate. He died in a street next to the one where he had been living the year before when Great Gran died along with my Gran and her husband and two children (one being my Mum)

Just spoke to my Uncle ( his grandson aged 88) and asked if he knew why he had died there and he said 'Oh that's where his fancy woman lived'

Don't you just love them?..He's never mentioned it before during our many chats while doing the family tree

I am seeing him on Monday so I'll try to find out more..nothing really to do with Family Tree.......just being nosy..lol

Linda

Linda

lol! I remember meeting up with my mil's cousin who told us that the reason their grandfather didn't leave any money was because he'd spent it all on horses and women!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
      Just spoke to my Uncle ( his grandson aged 88) and asked if he knew why he had died there and he said 'Oh that's where his fancy woman lived'
      He died happy then. :D:D
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
        Have just received my Great Grandad's death certificate. He died in a street next to the one where he had been living the year before when Great Gran died along with my Gran and her husband and two children (one being my Mum)

Don't you just love them?..He's never mentioned it before during our many chats while doing the family tree

I am seeing him on Monday so I'll try to find out more..nothing really to do with Family Tree.......just being nosy..lol

Linda

That made me laugh sorry.

Might not have been funny for his wife at the time though or perhaps she didn't care we'll never know unless of course your uncle fills you in with the details! ;)

I am now wondering what he died of.

Comment

I have found you have to draw it out of them as they assume you know it all.

Comment

Oh Linda, it makes you want to bang your head against something hey?

At least you know now and can ask the questions - hope he remembers for you:D

Comment

Yes...am hoping he remembers more.

Death cert says 1.Myocardial degeneration..2. Heart Failure 2 days. No PM

Linda

Comment

Working...
              X