I'm amazed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm amazed !

My gg grandfather went to prison for killing his wife and I've just found out he has been buried in the same grave!

I guess it must have been a money issue, but this has left me gobsmacked.

Also in the grave is a son, and I've just learnt there is room for one more coffin, not planning on it being me LOLOL
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Wow!! How strange though that they are buried together!!

Comment

I'm just jealous you have a murderer in the family !

Comment

My husband's 3 x gt grandfather murdered his wife (slit her throat) after 40 years of marriage and then committed suicide (slit his own) and they are both buried in the same grave in Norwich cemetery. We came across their gravestone by accident and were intrigued to find that they'd died on the same day so had to order the certificates. It was quite a shock when they arrived and we read the accompanying newspaper article.
        :D Carolyn

Comment

It could have been a money issue as you say but it could also be that the offspring wanted it that way.
          Kathleen

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            I'm just jealous you have a murderer in the family !
            :D

I think he must have convinced the children that he didn't do it, and so they buried him in the family plot.

Unfortunately there's no headstone, so I'm off to look at a mount of grass tomorrow LOL
            Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

how exciting do tell what you find

Comment

I am so jealous, my most exciting thing so far is that I am convinced that a certain elderly relative does in fact know the name of her father and just wont tell........:(

Comment

annoying isnt it Barbara ??

Comment

Working...
                  X