Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital in Chester

Hello

I am new to this forum in fact it's the first one I have ever joined. Hope someone out there might be able to help. My great Aunt was a nurse before 1900 and in 1926 moved to Chester and worked at Elliot House. Has anyone ever heard of it.

Thanks,

Paul

Hello Paul,

sorry I can't help you with your query, but I would like to welcome you to FTF!

I hope that you get as much help/advise as you need from the lovely warm hearted folks on here...

WELCOME
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Paul

If you go to this site there is a list of Hospitals in and around Chester
      Chester Health Services History

Lynda

Comment

There is a place called Elliott House at 53 Northgate Street, Chester, which houses the Citizen's Advice Bureau among others, but I don't know if it is the same place.

Oops, sorry, that might be a mistake because lots of sites call it Folliott House.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Paul,
          I live in Chester and I used to be a nurse. I have not heard of Elliott House but there was/is a large psychiatric unit in what was the outskirts of Chester and it may have been one of those units.
          There were 2 main hospitals, the City where the poor went and the Royal Infirmary where you paid.
          Both now knocked down and the main hospital, The Countess of Chester is on the same site as the psych one.
          I phoned them and they do not have an Elliot house at the moment.
          Regards
          Jeanie
          If it's to be, it's up to me.
          Searching for:
          English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

It may be worth phoning Chester record office. Google for the number or go on the wiki on this site.
            If it's to be, it's up to me.
            Searching for:
            English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

There was a Dr.John Elliott who was a senior honorary physician in Chester Royal Infirmary. He had one of the departments named after him early 1920's but I think it was the pathology unit.

I wondered if it was linked.

Leiko

Comment

Or Elliot House, 2-4 Vicars cross road, Chester?

Comment

Chester Hospitals

Thanks so much to all so far am amazed that you have replied so quickly. There is certainly info to be getting on with.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X