WDWTYA success stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDWTYA success stories

Have you broken down any of your brickwalls when your name came out of the hat in the weekly draw for WDWTYA?

Or even if your wall wasn't completely demolished perhaps you were given a clue which helped you afterwards.

I would love to hear about your success stories for the Spotlight feature in the next magazine (coming out on Wednesday, June 3rd)... you can add them here or if you would prefer, you can PM me.

Looking forward to reading about your experiences!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Yes I have. 4 bricks down all thanks to the efforts of Mary in Italy. I got details of the illegitimate birth of the wife of my gt.gt grandfather, the illegitimate birth of her own first 2 girls in a workhouse and the subsequent marriage of one of under the name she was born with, despite the facts that on the censuses she had my family name.

Still haven't found out what happened to the other sister and have 2 more later girls and 1 boy in the family have gone walkabout!

Comment

yes i have a good maybe for great grand father will never get better than that unless i make contact with any of his family if he had any waiting for 1911 to go surcription to vsee what comes up
      wye surrey/london/birmingham
      lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
      hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
      ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
      herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
      armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Nudged up for anyone who hasn't seen this request.
        Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I was thrilled when I was picked in mid February for WDYTYA!!

I'd been struggling for two or three years with huge brick walls on both sides of my Ancestry. The opportunity that WDYTYA gave me to find out more was just great. With particular help from Mary in Italy and also from one or two others, it certainly opened up the complex mire of ancestors that I seem to have.

Caroline - I have pm'd you with the remainder of appreciation.
          Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Dubonnet lady View Post
            I was thrilled when I was picked in mid February for WDYTYA!!

I'd been struggling for two or three years with huge brick walls on both sides of my Ancestry. The opportunity that WDYTYA gave me to find out more was just great. With particular help from Mary in Italy and also from one or two others, it certainly opened up the complex mire of ancestors that I seem to have.

Caroline - I have pm'd you with the remainder of appreciation.
            That's great, thank you, I look forward to reading it!!
            Caroline

Comment

Working...
            X