Genes Reunited trouble loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genes Reunited trouble loading

I have a tree on GR for quick reference, well usually anyway. Today I can get on the home page, but my tree just will not load it appears to be stuck on the nurturing sapling part. Is anyone else having this problem
    Thanks
    Lynda

It seems mine is stuck on that too Lynda :( It was ok this morning
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Thanks very much. As long as it is not only me, and something I have done.

Lynda

Comment

Reading around the boards it looks like some people started having problems yesterday and some since the last update. You never know, maybe GR are trying to rectify the problem

Ooooo did you see that pig fly past :D
        Jeanette

Comment

Never mind another reason not to use the site. Will start doing something else now. Do not expect it will be sorted out soon

Lynda

Comment

I think it's got more that a minor glich again.

I've just had an email saying that someone has opened their tree to me.

I am not a paying member and don't have a tree on there.

Hasn't this happened before, that peoples trees were opened willy nilly?

If you do have a tree on there be very careful.

Comment

Well, I ceased to be a paying member a while ago now but left my tree on there for what it's worth because I haven't updated it for a very long time, but wanted the option of someone contacting me if they had a close match. (:D). However, having read and heard about their heavy handed tactics in trying to force people to renew etc. I have decided to remove my old tree and wash my hands of them. Unless they become a nice friendly site with no major problems of any sort, (FTF could give them some advice if they need it!) then they might find a great many people doing the same thing
              Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

If you mean people who have tried to change their renewal options only to find it is switched back to automatic renewal, Sally, I don't think it is "heavy handed tactics", just another glitch. They decided to change the rules on user names so that special characters would not be allowed, but unfortunately they didn't go through and change existing user names which didn't conform to the new rules, and anybody with one of those user names is unable to change their account details properly.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I don't understand about user names - surely everyone has to register in their own name? I don't remember having a choice in the matter.

Comment

My tree is loading again now
                    Jeanette

Comment

My saplings weren't watered earlier, but seem okay now.
                      Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blackberry View Post
                        I don't understand about user names - surely everyone has to register in their own name? I don't remember having a choice in the matter.
                        User name is what can call yourself on GR boards. But you're right, you have to give your real name to register, and that name is the root name on your GR tree.
                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Ah right, I've never bothered with the message boards. I find that type of forum setup unusable, there's no structure and you can never find anything again.

Comment

Working...
                          X