London deaths and burials on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London deaths and burials on Ancestry

I haven't been on Ancestry for a couple of months as I haven't been 'sorting the family out'. I have just been on there and noticed the London deaths and burials. How come my g grandad isn't on there or does Lambeth not come under London?
    Tessie

London deaths and burials is the project to record all the parish registers its incomplete.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Lambeth is on there but they are only the Board of Guardians Poor Law Records at the moment - workhouse and infirmaries.

If you scroll down underneath the search boxes you can find more info about them
      Jackie

Comment

Even if he died in the workhouse, he may not appear. Lambeth had two workhouses at one period. Best mate's ancestor died in the "wrong" workhouse, so no record on Ancestry. If I remember correctly, those records did not survive.

Note too that Lambeth was in Surrey for most of the C19th. Only with the creation of Greater London was it reclassified as London (though LOndon Metropolitan Archives is the repository for Lambeth Parish Records)
        Phoenix - with charred feathers
        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

thanks everyone! He was a Police Constable though!

Comment

Working...
          X