Loss of Internet Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Internet Explorer

Earlier today I downloaded Internet Explorer 8, I then had an Application error as follows -

The instruction at "0x00b8e6a9" referenced memory at "0x4779333c". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

I then lost my internet connection, there is just nothing on the page!

I am on another computer at the moment. I would be so grateful if someone could give me some help.
    Last edited by Terrianne; 05-05-09, 20:03.

Mozilla firefox - Firefox3.0.8 browser with Google toolbar - Firefox download
    maybe you could download firefox for now then sort out ie8 after

Comment

Hi Val

I already have firefox installed. I have no internet connection so need help in restoring. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

when you try to use Firefox dont you get the internet back then ???????????

Comment

or did you have IE 7 before ??? if so go to your uninstall programmes and if you click on to remove it you should get the option to repair

Comment

Thank you so much, didn't reaslise I could get on the internet via
            firefox. Sorry to be so dim, but where do I find out what version of Internet Explorer I have installed? Also how do I get favourites back?

Comment

if you click on the question mark on the side of tools then about internet explorer you can see which one is installed

Comment

Val I have just downloaded 8 today in lappy and carnt decide if I like it or not so if I go to programs remove how do I get 7 back ???
                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I love it now Babs wasnt too sure before , if you go to your uninstall programmes you should be left with your previous version after uninstalling it
                  You did'nt install the Beta version did you ????

Comment

Pass I dont know was last download will that tell me ,,and sorry didnt see you had replied so sent you Pm so ignore that in case anyone else is reading this ;;;cheers babe

Comment

HELP I cannot find it in there what does it go under it doesnt say IE8 on anything ;;;;arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

have you tried a search Babs ?? or how about installing IE7 over it

Comment

Search where shouldnt it not be in programs ;;;

Comment

Val think you should put that link on here as it will automatically fix it for you on my comp from the link

Comment

I had been thinking of xp not Vista sorry
                              this does it

Usually to remove an application from Vista, one can go to Control Panel and click Uninstall a Program under Programs. All the installed applications will be listed there and one can choose the program to be uninstalled and click Uninstall from the top.

But IE8 is not listed on the list of applications. To uninstall IE8, Click View installed updates from the left sidebar in that Control Panel. From the installed updates list find Windows Internet Explorer 8 and click Uninstall.

Comment

Good lass I like the new Mr Fix man they have that does things for you ;;;
                                and yippee back to normal ,,,cor thanks Val for your help there dear , err what you doing in the computer dumbos now lol

x x x

Comment

Dumbs ??? oh yes I like to mix with the rough !!!!! glad your sorted its a good link isnt it ??? wish I'd found that sooner .

Comment

It is babe even to what to do if you have not got rid of it ,,,good you put onto here for anyone else to use , Im back to IE7 now and will make sure when it comes through to this main comp that I dont download it ;;;

Comment

I'm sure there are a couple of versions of IE8 the one I have I'm pleased with .

Comment

Working...
                                      X