Lost Marie Orme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Marie Orme

When I was researching my Grandmother's family I came across a Marie Elizabeth Orme. The people I talked to could not say if she was a Cousin or her Sister. So I kept a note, but I must have done something wrong. I can no longer find her birth.
    It turns out she is my Gran's sister, I have no idea what has happened. Her marriage and death have her as Marie Betty not Elizabeth, she was married in 1931 to Wilfred A Richardson 8a 289 1st qtr Bucklow. Died 2 Sept 2002 dob 2 Sept 1912. Died in Trafford/Cheshire. My Gran was born 1910 and her sister Marie is not on the 1911 census. The original place of birth I have is Chorlton which is why I thought it was strange, all the others where Cheshire. The note I made says 8c 987 2nd qtr 1912 Marie Elizabeth Orme, but I can find no trace. Mothers maiden name is Wragg I must be going crazy, dreamed it or have just stupidly made a note of the wrong info.
    Just when I thought I had a breakthrough as well. These people are all dead by the way so it is OK for me to put down the names.
    Can anyone else see what I can't please

Many Thanks Lynda

Lynda

I've had a look and there is no Orme registered in 1912 with that ref number.

8c 987 Q2 1912 refers to births in Bury, not Chorlton. However, there are only five names on that page and there ought to be six - maybe she is there somewhere, but with the wrong ref number/name - I cannot find her.

OC

Comment

I cannot see her on lancs bmd or cheshire bmd, however, on freebmd there are 2 Ormes with mother Wragg - Harry Orme Dec 1914 Bucklow and Elizabeth Orme June 1915 Doncater
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thanks a lot for that. I must have been doing something else of the same page and put down the wrong no. I know I definitely found her, but she has now become one of the disappeared. If only I had paid more attention then, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I did not think she was my Nans sister at the time. The other annoying thing is the information I can find again i.e. marriage and death I have copied the details correctly. Thanks very much again
        Lynda

Comment

Just seen your reply Jean Harry Orme Dec 1914 is the brother of my Nan, do not know if the other one is related in some other way or not. Think I had better go and have a cup of tea and start over.
          Thanks
          Lynda

Comment

On ancestry there is a Marie Orme location Cheshire. I searched name and birth 1912 and this has come up as cheshire parish and probate records. I cannot look further as I do not have sub for ancestry but at the back of my mind I thought familysearch had these records but I can't find them!
            Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

I have a subscription to ancestry so can search the parish and probate records I shall do it asap myabe after I have eaten if there is time, if not in the morning. Thanks for this
              Lynda

Comment

Could this be the one you found?

(transcription copied from FreeBMD)
                Births Sep 1912
                Ormes Marie B
                mmn - Wragg
                Bucklow 8a 365
                Tracy

Comment

Thatlooks like the right one
                  Jean

Comment

Thanks very much you are brilliant. I went for alternate spelling, but not with an extra letter, should of know anything is possible after the mistakes in my family names.
                    I checked up on the info from Jean re Ancestry and it is not the right one it is a marriage licence granted in Chester Poll Tax 1660. Thanks anyway you never know when info comes in useful do you.
                    Thanks again
                    Lynda

Comment

I have been checking on Ancestry and can't find the marriage entry, but on Free BMD I can what am I doing wrong????? Must be entering something wrong in the search or maybe just not doing it right.

Comment

Linda

You need to use the full index, not the search box. Scroll down, select 1912, Q3, letter O, and it's on page 9 of the images.

OC

Comment

Thanks very much. That is where I am going wrong then. I will take note of this in future, still quite new to Ancestry and the ways of the search.
                          Thanks again
                          Lynda

Comment

It's because the FreeBMD transcription (as used by Ancestry) isn't complete.
                            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks Uncle John
                              Sorry if I am a bit slow on the uptake, still very new to Ancestry ways of searching. So I take it I can still find what I am looking for if I check through the appropriate years, quarters and initials, you are just not able to find it on a search, and if you are not sure you just work your way through like on other sites.
                              Thanks
                              Lynda

Comment

The answer as always is "yes but". IF the local quarterly return of registrations reached the GRO, IF the GRO could read the writing and wrote out the index card correctly, and IF the card wasn't lost and was transcribed correctly into the quarterly index, then you will find it in the correct quarter and initial letter. That said, the level of errors and omissions is surprisingly small.
                                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X