Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm livid FTM internet back up cancelled and ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm livid FTM internet back up cancelled and ????

I rang them last week to confirm I had paid for the internet back up service as I was getting the message it was about to run out ,she said I had paid twice so woud refund the one payment and it was fine.
    Yesterday tried to back up to the internet and it said it had expired?? rang them today and it seems I had double paid last year not this she apologised and then said that the internet back up service is no longer available once you let it expire ??? I suggested that it was her fault not mine so now have to ring the technical people this afternoon.

Val when you paid for your back up service the last time did you do it via your FTM or not ???
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I did yes Babs through the pop up box that came on when I was on there , just about to ring them again

Comment

well I rang them and hopefully its now paid for
        I must say the staff arent like they used to be not helpful at all, in fact made me feel like a nuisance

Comment

Well in that case wasnt your fault and there doing so I would have asked them to have been a bit more nicer next time it happens to someone ;;cheeky things

Comment

Val

I am a little confused as to what it is you're talking about.

Ancestry Internet Backup service!

Could you explain it to me I'm curious.

Comment

Maggie

It's FTM Internet back up.

Val

Do they actually tell you it's about to expire? I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                Maggie

Val

Sorry Margaret I still don't understand what it is or what you mean.

I have FTM and an Ancestry sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                  Maggie

Val

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I intended to cancel mine last year but forgot when it was due for renewal. Ancestry didn't notfiy me it was expiring, they just went ahead and renewed. As I'd paid for it I carried on using it but this year I had an email two weeks before it expired telling me to ring if I wanted to cancel...so I did. I now back-up my tree on two memory sticks and I have a digital vault with my BT broadband which I also use for backing-up my tree so I don't think I need to pay extra to Ancestry any more.

Ann
                  ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                  Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                    I'm not sure they still have this service but when I bought my FTM 2006 programme just over 2 years ago, it came with three months free internet back-up. After the free period was over, you could choose to pay about £6.00 a year to keep it up. Ancestry are involved because they (or rather, their parent company) publish FTM.

Ann
                    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by Ann from Sussex View Post
                      I'm not sure they still have this service but when I bought my FTM 2006 programme just over 2 years ago, it came with three months free internet back-up. After the free period was over, you could choose to pay about £6.00 a year to keep it up. Ancestry are involved because they (or rather, their parent company) publish FTM.

Ann
                      ahhh I sort of understood that but I thought it would be a service that most people wouldn't need really. That's why I was confused. You can do your own backups!

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post

Maggie

You only get the option of Internet back up with FTM 2006 (not sure about 2005). It isn't an option with 2008 and 2009.

Comment

I was getting the message it was about to run out so I paid for another year, but it seems I hadnt yet the lady told me they had refunded one of my double payments ???
                          Now it seems I paid twice last year ??? not this one but nobody told me that .
                          I back up regularily too but its nice to know if I did lose everything its somewhere else.
                          I got the impression they arent happy about the people who subscribed to the Australian Ancestry either as it was so much cheaper, she said it had caused them problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                            I was getting the message it was about to run out so I paid for another year, but it seems I hadnt yet the lady told me they had refunded one of my double payments ???
                            Now it seems I paid twice last year ??? not this one but nobody told me that .
                            I back up regularily too but its nice to know if I did lose everything its somewhere else.
                            I got the impression they arent happy about the people who subscribed to the Australian Ancestry either as it was so much cheaper, she said it had caused them problems.

Yes, they got less money out of it.

Comment

serves them right they should have thought things out.

Comment

Put I rejoined through the ancestry one and my payment went through ok so it must only be if theres a problem ;;

Comment

when i tried to do it online it kept going back to the home page for some reason
                                  Anyway its all sorted now I hope ???

Comment

Working...
                                  X