address in 1871

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• address in 1871

hey, i'd like to know who was living at this address in 1871 please.

carisbrook cottages, dendy street, balham, wandsworth.

i just got a cert where the birth occured, but my ancestor was not at that address at the time of the census. i would like to know who was living there, as i don't have access to ancestry at the mo.

thanx.

I can't find Dendy St on FindMyPasts 1871 address index - It might be spelled incorrectly though.

It could take an age to find in via Ancestry, unless I get lucky on Historical Directories or someone else who lived there in 1881 being there in 1871 as well - what happens if the cottage isn't mentioned? (as it isn't in 1881!)

Comment

i dont know if the cottage isnt mentioned. the cert was for an illegitimate child, and i wanted to make sure it was for the same child i think it was. so i was hoping that address would give a clue.

Comment

So, if we can find the street in 1871 you could look at all the people to see if anyone rang a bell?

If the child isn't yours then might the "wrong" family be at that address? Has anyone looked for the surname in the area?

What date was the birth?

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
          If the child isn't yours then might the "wrong" family be at that address? Has anyone looked for the surname in the area?

What date was the birth?
          exactly merry.

the person was florence ingle, b.26 june 1870, at the above address. daughter of sarah ingle. if this is my ancestor, she is on 71/81/91 census as florence conway, with brother ernest james and mother sarah. she married as conway in 1892, to thomas henry morton. ernest doesn't have a birth reg under conway either, but there is one under ingle.

so i was wondering if this was the same florence and sarah.

Comment

PMSL!! I'm SOOOO glad I didn't spend an hour tracking through the Ancestry description of district pages.

1871: 11 Ebury Terrace Dendy St Streatham:

Sarah Conway wife m 32 Butler's wife b St Geo Hanover Sq Middlesex
            Ernest Conway son 2 b Lewisham Kent
            Florence Conway dau 9mths b Streatham Surrey

(I'm not 100% sure of the first bit of the address Ebury?)

Comment

my god merry, you are brilliant!! i had that page and didn't notice that was the address!! so it is her!! phew!! i'll just get her brother's cert to.

Comment

Working...
              X