Backups failing on Vista Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backups failing on Vista Laptop

I am having the same problem I had before and this time I cannot sort it.
    I am trying to back up it starts okay but then stops and says it failed to do a shadow copy as there is insufficient storage on HP Recovery D
    I have tried to back up to a disc and when that did not work tried my Passport external Hard drive it will not back up to either
    Any ideas ???????thanks

Val. I had terrible trouble with that same problem too, you will need to change your settings. How often do you backup Val? If its every day at a set time. which mine was, you seem to run out of space very quickly. I changed mine to once a week and its working fine now.
    Have you defragged and dumped all your temp files?
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

I hate this system dont you ???? Jen
      I have it set to back up each week yes ,dont really want it less than that .
      I am sure there is a way to create a shadow copy and save it to my external drive ???
      Did all the emty files and stuff yes

Comment

Did you check your recovery D in computer panel Val, what files have you in there. I had about 4 different files, which I had not put there myself knowingly. My personal file, recovery, windows and a media file, none of which should have been there apart from the recovery one........is recovery D full Val?
        I kept on chucking out the squatters but they kept creeping back, so I go in regularly now to keep an eye on things.........but I do hate this system too.
        Jen

Comment

Jen I just replied to the thread you started about the self same problem, I deleted my file but wasnt sure about the Media one ??so left it

Comment

Have you looked inside it Val, there may be stuff you don't need, I hauled the lot overboard, doesn't seem to have done any harm but wouldn't like to advise you do the same. It still creeps back ocassionally so must go hibernate somewhere, till I give it the boot again! Obviosly not able to get completely shut of it but allows you to carry on regardless.
            Jen

Comment

yes and it said recovery D ??? so think I'll leave it for now thanks hopefully do my backup now

Comment

Low Disk Space Error Appears During or After Backup

this tells you how to change the settings jen

Comment

Thanks for that Val, it all sound like one complicated nightmare to me, dont know if DIL will be able to do anything.
                  Jen

Comment

:(I'm going to try today will let you know how I get on ,if you dont see me then ???????????????

Comment

didnt need to do that found a easier way have taken it off automatic backups for a start .
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-05-09, 15:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X