This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDWTYA? May Participants

Who Do WE Think You Are? is a competition set up by Family Tree Forum to help members who are struggling with a "brick wall" in their family tree.

Each Thursday at about 9pm a member is selected from the participants list. The winner is given a sticky thread (one that will remain at the top of the Research Qs & As board) where they can post whatever problems they are having with their tree. The thread will remain at the top of the board for one week during which time our helpful membership will try to unravel that problem.......

A new list of participants will be compiled each month and it will be from these members that the winners for the following month will be chosen (Names are chosen by random selection)

Best of luck everyone!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you would like to be included in the WDWTYA? draw for each of the four Thursdays commencing 7th May 2009, please add a post to this thread.

Thanks and good luck!

Please add my name, I've got double brick wall!

Comment

can i have another shot please.
      My Hummerstons are driving me nuts

sorry but my wall has now come down
      thanks anyway
      Marie
      Last edited by mariescott64; 05-05-09, 23:13.
      My avatar is my GGGF JJJW Hummerston
      Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Comment

im trying to trace any members of the gover family arnold gover borne 26 september 1920 lived in turner street west gorton ivy sreet and charlotte street married to an irene young in march 1939

Comment

I would love the membership to have a go at unravelling the mystery of my G/grandmother Louise Cooksley/Wilson/Finlayson
          Weeyin

Comment

Me too please.
            121 year old man to find......

Comment

hi merry montgomery paying for bmd records is fustraiting becouse when you are faced with the informatin that you have been trying to find for so long i.e like if you was adopted and find out who youre real parents are you natourley want to have accesse to records and when you are in receipe of bennifits its hard trying to manage on a day to day basis never mind not haveing the money to pay for access to youre past that plays such an importent part of who some one really is my dad is 70yrs old and all ways knew he was adopted but never new his real parents he has just found out through the adoption agency who is real parents were and we know that his dads death was registerd in october 1992 but we can not find his mums death being registerd so it could be that she might be still alive all though she will be 88yrs old but to trace youre family history you need dates and with out certificates its not possible thats when you start hitting brick walls i think there should be some sort of way that if you can prove you are in receipte of bennifits they should be free i suffer with depresion and can not go out on my own and its hard to find some one that will come and take me to the big libery and sit there for houres while i search records and even then it comes back to haveing to pay for certificates again sorry if i have gone on for to long but was just gratefull to be able to speake my mind thanks

Comment

yes please and dont worry its not the dreaded Guttentags !!! its worse tee hee

Comment

Working...
                X