Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to install Kaspersky says AVG installed ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to install Kaspersky says AVG installed ???

I am trying to install Kaspersky on my PC have uninstalled AVG but it keeps telling me it cannot install it till AVG8 is uninstalled ???? and to uninstall and reboot
    I have now rebooted 3 times but its still giving me the same message HELP

Hi Val

I don't know why but I thought you already had Kaspersky?

I've had Kaspersky for over a year and only once had a problem - that was because the date on my computer was wrong - I had gone to the calendar to look something up, and forgotten to change the month back to the current month, and Kaspersky couldn't cope.

I doubt that's any help, I'm afraid, but just thought I'd mention it in case
    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

hello Joan nice to see you
      I have it on two Laptops ?? dont ask me why I have two ??? long story.
      I bought the Kaspersky CD that covers 3 PCs and wanted to put it on my PC but it wont let me UGH
      The time and date are right .

Comment

Hi Val - nice to see you too.

Afraid I don't have any more pearls of wisdom :( - hopefully someone else will
        Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

been googling and it seems it is a problem you have to run a avg.zip ?????????????whatever that is

Comment

Have you clicked on Search and then entered AVG files? I did that last time and even though Id uninstalled it there were about 4 or 5 AVG files still showing and I deleted them one at a time?

I just got my son to buy the 3 user package from amazon for £15, seemed a good deal - for his desk top, lap top and his lodgers lap top.

Comment

hi Heather I got the 3 pc one it was very good value on Amazon
              I did put avg in the search but not avg files have been googling and have saved the avgzip to a flash drive going to see if I can do it that way thanks

Comment

Let me know how it goes in case son has same prob Val xx

Comment

couldnt do it Heather found it hard to understand HELP anybody

Comment

Hello Val,

Have you uninstalled AVG through the system by either using the 'uninstal' if it has one. Or going to programmes and look at the AVG folder that will tell you what is left and if may have an uninstall in it.
                    In days of old when I used Norton, I found that it had a number of shared files and that it was not possible to remove it all, but that really was along time ago.
                    Margaret N
                    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret I did it through the uninstall programmes and have checked but nothing is coming up in my search for anything avg related ????
                      But have found this on their forum just dont quite understand it

To resolve the situation you should do the following:

cancel the current installation of Kaspersky Lab 2009 product
                      download the archive avg8.zip
                      unpack all files from the archive avg8.zip into one folder
                      run the file remove.bat
                      wait till an information message appears

Comment

Val,

How do you manage to get such complicated messages I thought that it was me. I think that you need someone with an 'Ology' to decipher this one.

Meanwhile I have been trying to put AVG 8 freeonto my friends XP computer and it just willl not go for free.

Wendy and Dave, have kindly given me a link but I have not been able to visit my friend today.

Good Luck.
                        Margaret N
                        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

yes you have to be careful as you could inadvertantly click on the paid one ????
                          I'm off now going to do a crossword or two night

Comment

Assuming that the file avg8.zip is available to download then it sounds as though what you have to do is download it and save it, then right-click on it and one of the options will be to unpack the files, it asks where you want to put the files so just make sure it is putting them all into one folder, and then hopefully one of the files it unpacks into the folder will be called remove.bat and if you right-click on that you will get the option to run it.
                            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thanks Kite hope I can manage that

Comment

Good luck, Val
                                Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

thanks Joan must say what Kite says makes sense

Comment

It does Val - far more sense than mine would have been which was to do a system restore to the time before you installed AVG -I guess that could cause all sorts of other problems
                                    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Yes it probably would knowing my luck , hows the Horseradish craving ??

Comment

well managed to get rid of AVG at last its quite easy really.

Comment

Working...
                                        X