monitor black screen after not using for 10 mins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor black screen after not using for 10 mins

Hi...when I walk away from my PC or put it on sleep....the screen does not light up again when I go back online...with a torch I can see that everything is fine with the PC....but the screen won`t light back up again....if I stay online I have no problems....when I switch on of a morning no problems...it`s only when I don`t use the pc for about 6-8 mins...the screen goes black and won`t light up again....any ideas please ??......thanks....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Hi Allan, Have you looked at your settings for the monitor?

I use XP and in control panel, under power options, I am offered various choices for when to automatically turn off the monitor when idle.

I've no idea if this applies to Vista.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

thanks Gillian...I`ll have a look at that....I`m on the laptop at present...I`ll change to the PC after the boss checks her e-mails...as it`s Saturday, she`s still in bed...lol...allan:D
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

lol allan - she obviously has things better organised than I do! I had to get up early for OH-chauffeuring duties!
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Working...
        X