Windows mail - screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows mail - screen

I have lost my Windows Mail home page - the one where I can select to have a split screen. Possible that I deleted it in error when I was sorting my mail out.

Is there anyway that I can get it back please?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Windows Mail home page, sorry. What does the split screen do?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Do you mean Outlook Express? I use Windows Mail and I just went to have a look and there is no option to choose to go to the home page.
      I remember when I used to use Outlook and Outlook Express you had home page options but not Windows Mail.....unless Im missing something :D

Comment

Vee and Kite,
        It is not exactly a Home Page. When you open Outlook Express now Windows Mail I have my message list set up on the left hand side. The main screen has the In Messages until I move them to files. This part has the option of a split 'horizontal screen' with Message List above and the bottom part say is an advert for Windows Mail.
        It is the bottom part that I appear to have deleted in error.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret,
          I don't use Windows Mail, but it sounds like you've changed the "preview pane" or "reading pane" settings.

Does this help at all?
          (from: John Barnett's Windows Vista Support: Change Windows Mail Preview Pane View)
          Change Windows Mail Preview Pane View
          By default Windows Mail displays its preview pane below the list of messages. If you want to change this view so the preview pane takes on a similar look to Microsoft Outlook, i.e., preview pane beside messages, proceed as follows:

1/ Open Windows Mail

2/ Click View on the Main Toolbar

3/ From the drop down menu click Layout

4/ In the Windows Layout Properties window look for the Preview pane section.

5/ Now click the radio button next to the option you require:

Below Messages - default
          Beside Messages
          6/ Finally click the OK button

This explains how to disable the preview pane: Turn Off E-mail Preview Pane
          So I would have thought doing the opposite should enable it again?
          Sarah

Comment

Sarah, A very useful page but it did not work for me for this particular problem. It is the advert from MS that I am missing (not exciting but could be useful for help).
            I am wondering if a System Restore will recover it?
            It appears that I must have deleted it in error I spend hours deleting emails just so that I do not have too many to search through.
            Thank you for your help, I don't know how you find these things, I have never got the correct 'Key Word'.
            Margaret N

Comment

Working...
            X