Help - trogen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - trogen

HELP - I have done a System Restore because I had messages flashing up that my system is infected with TrogenWin32 Agent azsy which is a malicious programme. It is a Windows PE EXE. I had a non-recognisable programme wanting to get rid of it. This company was 1bestprotectionscanner.com.

My Norton anti-virus did not detect anything but I could not get on any web site - I was blocked by these messages. They even said THIS site was infected. :(

Is this something to worry about. If so, how do I get rid of it please.

Joy

Joy are you sure that isnt a spoof did you click on that site you mention
    1bestprotectionscanner.com.
    never click on a link sent to you like that

Comment

When you get messages flashing up on your screen saying your computer is infected with something and telling you to download something to get rid of it, you shouldn't download it because it is a scam. Has the system restore got your computer back to normal or are you still getting the messages?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It does seem to be ok now. Its the first time anything like that has happened to me and I panicked.

I realise now it was a scam - I googled the name - and it told me it was a scam.

I have downloaded a programme Val has told me about and it is now doing a scan.

The only problem I have now is that my tool bar has disappeared! The one with files, tools, etc. on. Any ideas how I get it back!?

Joy

Comment

Oh, I should know because we lost ours the other day and got it back... how did we do that...? I'm pretty sure we found out the proper name for it and it isn't toolbar, but now I can't remember what it was!

Back in a minute...
          KiteRunner

Comment

Oh yes, it's called the Menu Bar. But I think it was my son who got it back and I wasn't looking when he did it. And he's in bed now! If someone hasn't sorted it out for you by tomorrow I'll ask him for you. I don't want to try getting rid of mine to see how to get it back in case I can't!
            KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks Kite. It might re-appear by itself by tomorrow :D If not, I'll be back on :D

Joy

Comment

hope you sort it Joy

Comment

Its now sorted :D I clicked on the cog symbol next to Tools on the top right of my page and the tool bar re-appeared. Phew!!

Hopefully all back to normal now. :D

Joy

Comment

next time dont panic LOL night then

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      next time dont panic LOL night then

Ok Mum - I'll try not to ;):D

Joy

Comment

Only just seen this.

This happened to me yesterday afternoon, and l phoned ex sil in a panic, lol
                        He explained it was a scam, and luckily l didnt click on anything they were telling me to. I couldnt get rid of them though, and had to re boot the comp as a last resort. Did a scan but didnt find anything.
                        Pam

Comment

Working...
                        X