Lilian leadley trouble reading entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilian leadley trouble reading entry

I have found in the 1901 census, one of the family I have been searching for.
    Lilian Leadley born Scarborough. 1889. I can't decipher where it says she is living. All I can understand it is an Institution.
    It says Lilian Leadley, Inmate, Female, born Scarborough, Civil Parish Camberwell, Ecclesiastical Parish St Peter Dulwich Common, London
    ED, institution or vessel 56 Household schedule No 28. Reg and sub reg district both Camberwell.
    Source citation class RG13 Piece 503 Folio 30 page 5
    I hope with all this information some kind person can help me out. I have been trying to find the family on the 1901 census and so far this is all I can find. Have found them in 1891 Mother Ann Leadley born Scarborough age 32 Married but husband not on census, children William H 12, George H 9, Louisa 8, John M 7, Ethel 3, Lillian 1 Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3966; Folio 43; Page 24. I can't make out the address on this one either.
    Would really appreciate it if someone could help me.
    Thanks Lynda

Tha Lampson House

Dulwich Home For Girls

Comment

Thanks very much Jill, I shall take a look now.

Comment

The address in 1891 is Long Greece Steps.

Comment

Thanks very much for looking for me. The best I could come up with was Long Green Steps, the more I looked the more I could not see. Thanks again. I shall continue looking. I have looked at the school, looks a grim place , but I suppose these children where the lucky ones back in the day.
          Lynda

Comment

Hi,
            I may be related to you Lynda, my Grandmother was called Lilian Leadley born 1889, I am awaiting further information from another long lost relative, I may be able to help you.
            Dave

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dave.

Lynda hasn't logged in for a while so may miss your message. Can I suggest you send her a PM (private message) by clicking on her name to the left of her post - you will see the option there. As long as the email address we have for her is still current then she will receive notification of your message.
              Elaine

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Working...
                X