I have a headache, please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a headache, please help.

Researching my Gt Grandfather William Molyneux c1833 Worsley and his father also William c1798 born presumably Worsley/Eccles ? I'm confident with 1871 census RG10/3796/85/33....not so with 1861 RG9/2859/51/44 where a William Mullineux is shown as a step son with mother Ann.
    In 1851 William Mull (mistranscription) also a step son is shown
    HO107/2217/98/25. Likewise in 1841 Wm Mullenix shows with step father and mother Ann....HO107/543/11 civil parish Eccles.

I have now found an IGI Ancestral Chart which shows a William MOLLINEUX b 1798 in Worsley who marries Anne Collins in 1818. Could this be him?

To complicate matters there is an Ellenbrook Chapel, Worsley record on lan-opc which shows that an Ann Molyneux has an illegitimate birth of William in 1832.

I have asked about this relation before but with these options maybe someone can help with deciding if I have the right family?
    For anyone that takes the trouble to read, thank you but my head is spinning with name variations and I really would appreciate some help.

I'm not an expert but the IGI can be a bit unreliable...........

Comment

Hi Barbara.............I agree, it's not an extracted record...........I'm drawn to it because names, dates and places fit except spelling of name.

Comment

The thing is if it has records to back it up fine, but if it's just someone's opinion weeeeelll.....

Comment

You would be best to check all those entries in the parish registers or chapel registers to make sure they exist before deciding whether they are your family or not.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
          X