Census lookup for Notts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census lookup for Notts please

Would someone be able to have a look on census for Thomas and/or Elizabeth his wife?

Thomas kitchen and Wife Elizabeth age 21 when married in 1793, Upton Notts. Both bc 1772? I have a bapt for 1769 for Thomas, if correct.

Elizabeth, I don't know anything more about her.

Many thanks for any help,

treesa

Have had a quick look at the Nottingham Probate records but can't read them. It would appear that Elizabeth could have been born Doubleday.

Comment

Have I looked these people up for you at the Nottinghamshire Archives before, Treesa, or am I thinking of someone else?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes Elizabeth Doubleday. And yes I have asked before about these two, just wondered if they were on census this time.
        And there may be a possible birth on IGI for 1770, which may tie in with census if Elizabeth is on , of course!
        Last edited by treesa; 30-04-09, 14:53.

Comment

I just can't find the pad where I wrote down all the stuff about this family before, but I might have thrown it away, I suppose. I can't see them on the census; could they have died before 1841? Where would you expect them to be if they were still alive then, please?
          KiteRunner

Comment

I'm not sure if they were alive, but hoping that one at least would be. I would expect them to be still in Nottingham , although some grandchildren were born Lancashire, but my instinct is that they would stay in Notts.

Comment

On findmypast there is a Thomas in Mansfield union age 77, not sure about this one - can't see the full details and I don't kow if he is transcribed the same for ancestry.

Comment

He is transcribed as Kikher on ancestry but the image says Kitchen. FWK (= Framework Knitter) born Notts, with a Margaret Kitchen age 57 born Ireland. It looks as though the address is Hucknall, Sutton in Ashfield but I'm not sure if that's right, I'll try to check.

Update - address on previous page is Hucknall under Huthwaite.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks very much KiteRunner, I will check this out re the geography of it. Much appreciate you taking the time and trouble.

regards

treesa

Comment

I've found a couple of burials at Upton:

20th Feb 1837 Thomas Kitchen, abode Upton, age 68 years.
                    28th July 1839 Elizabeth Kitchen, abode Upton, age 69 years.

This looks likely to be your Thomas and Elizabeth, don't you think? You could get Elizabeth's death certificate to see if it says she was the widow of Thomas. Thomas died a few months too early for his death to be registered, though.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks so much, KiteRunner, yes this looks like them! You beat me to it - as I got distracted looking for someone else! I can follow Thomas and Elizabeth's lines now with those ages you have given and look for baptisms. And I can search for the registration for Elizabeth's death as it should be in the same quarter.

Many thanks for your help, glad to have this information,
                      treesa

Comment

Working...
                      X