charllotte street paychet street chapel street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charllotte street paychet street chapel street

hi every one im new to this site but im wondering if there is any one from the west gorton part of manchester that remember these streets or any one by the name of name removedor arnold gover as they are my grandparents i belive arnold gover died in newcastle in 1998 i think name removed i dont know of as yet
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 30-04-09, 14:24. Reason: name removed in case still living

There is a death listed on the GRO death indexes as follows:

Arnold Gover, date of birth 26 Sep 1920, death registered October 1992 Tameside, Greater Manchester.

Could that be him? I can't see a death in Newcastle in 1998.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hi kiterunner yes i think it is possable that i got it wrong and thought it was tyneside and it sounds like this is the arnold gover we r looking for thankyou once again my dad all ways knew he was adopted but has only just found out through the adoptin agency who is parents was and we are waiting for the next meeting with them to see if we can find out the reason why we was hopein g that there is some one out ther that would of known him when he lived with his real parents as the first seven years of his life are a mystery becouse he can only ever remember his adopted parents his real mum and dad lived in charllotte street with my dad untill he was seven and that was when he was adopted he used to walk past charllotte street every week to get coal for his adopted mum who he loved dearly as so did i and still never knew that his real parents lived there or remembers living there with them thank you once again and we think from the way things are going with the adoption agency that his mum could still b alive all though she will be 91 she was 21 when she had him in 1939 his adopted dad died 2 years ago aged 93 yes 93 so it is possible that she could still b alive and i we hope that we can start to fill in the missing pieces to his life thank you

Comment

hi kiterunner how do i find out ware he is actually burried and in whot cemetry my dad says it would be nice if we could go and visit it thanks

Comment

He might not be buried, of course, he may have been cremated. You could go to a library in Manchester which has archive copies of the local newspapers and look through the issues from October - November 1992 to see if a death notice was published, as that would probably give details of the funeral and burial or cremation, or you could try phoning the various cemeteries in Manchester to ask.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
          X