Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Elsie

Hi everyone.
    This is probably a silly question, but can anyone tell me if the name Elsie can be used as a shortened version of any other name please. Or is it just Elsie.
    Thanks a lot
    Lynda

Elsie - is usually just Elsie. Coukd have been a pet name,or a second name

what is your predicament?- tell us more

who what where & when!
    Jess

Comment

I have seen it used as a short version of Elspeth, which is a Scottish version of Elizabeth, if that's any help?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I am trying to find an Elsie Wilson do not know a lot, I am awaiting the birth certificate of an Estella Norma Wilson Oldham 1912 to arrive in Spain and was just wondering if as I can not find in Oldham an Elsie maybe it was some sort of short version or nickname. I can't do a lot more until I have the birth cert of Estella in my possession just to make double sure I am on the right track. It took me some time to sort out the Estella one as on the GRO it is Estello and not Estella and this was putting me off until I checked through GENUKI and found the mistake. Should off realised about this though after my experience with WRAGG and WRAGG, also UNDERWOOD/ENDERWOOD. having said that is was a thread on this site that has made me check for mistakes, so without this it would of taken me so much longer.

Comment

Just seen the one about Elspeth, that is a help as Scotland is where the Grandfather was born.

Comment

My grandmother was a Scottish Elspeth, always called Elsie - and family pronounced it "Elzie".

Elspeth is the Scottish version of Elizabeth of course.

OC

Comment

Working...
            X