Census Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census Help Please

Could somebody see if they can find me a Catherine Gavin in 1891 or 1901 please as im stumped.

1911 shows her married born Sheffield in 1886, i have the birth details via free bmd but there's no luck in any census. She gives her name as Kate in 1911 and it also shows as Kate Gavin in the marriage transcription.

Please help.

In 1891 she is transcribed on Ancestry as Kate Davin b 1886, parents Thomas and Sarah A.

Comment

In 1901 she's Kate Gawin b 1886.

Comment

Hi

No these arn't her already found them, this Kate is still with her family in 1911 census.
        Im having a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by tmelport1979 View Post
          Hi

No these arn't her already found them, this Kate is still with her family in 1911 census.
          Im having a nightmare.
          I don't get what you mean?

The Kate Gavin I'm looking at in 1911 was b 1886 in Sheffield and seems to be in the same household as Thomas and Sarah Ann whose ages match the parents of the Kate I found in 1881 and 1891. The details for her brothers James and John fit too.

So if I'm looking at the same Kate as I found in 1901 and 1891, what are the 1911 details for the rest of the family you have found in 1911? - I can't find another Kate Gavin b 1886. Was part of her name mistranscribed?

Comment

Oh, hang on - you are saying your Kate is married in 1911 but you haven't told us her new name!! lol

Comment

Is this her?

Marriages Dec 1905
              GAVIN Kate Sheffield 9c 857
              GRIFFITHS George Sheffield 9c 857
              PEARCE William Sheffield 9c 857
              WARD Louisa Sheffield 9c 857

Comment

Did she marry George Griffiths?

Have you got a copy of the marriage cert for her father's details? That's what you need really.

Comment

i have the birth details via free bmd
                  Surely there should be two lots of birth details if there are two Catherine/Kate Gavins?

I think there's a chance Thomas Gavin has listed all his children on his census form!!! lol

Comment

I hope he has, im still waiting for the marriage certificate. It was George Griffiths and Kate Gavin married in Sheffield.
                    In 1911 he was born 1881 Warwickshire, Birmingham but it gives her and her children as born in Sheffield. The only poss match i could find was a Catherine Gavin born 1886 in Sheffield but again no sign of her either.
                    And to top it off i can't find him either :-(

Comment

You will def need the marriage cert to sort George out! In 1901 I can see these George's without even thinking about mistranscribed names!

George 1879 Aston , Warks
                      George 1880 Birmingham
                      George 1880 Aston, Birmingham
                      George 1881 Birmingham, Warks

Then there are another three with a middle initial which he might have dropped when he married!

George A 1882 Birmingham
                      George A 1882 Birmingham, Warks
                      George D 1882 Birmingham

Note how many don't have a county recorded.

Comment

Working...
                      X