Help please with death entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with death entry

I found the death of Mary Jane Burnett on Ancestry. Hand written records state Tynemouth Q3 25 283. I saved the record to my person but when I clicked on it to view it again it was redirected to a type list which states Q1 25 368.

Does anyone know why, and which ref I would need to order cert?
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

I don't know the answer, but the 25 283 ref is the one for Q3 1839 Tynemouth (checked FreeBMD image and Ancestry image).

I can't find any record of the other numbers!

Comment

Oops, yes I can - the other ref is for a birth in the same name in Q1 1838.

Comment

I don't know the vagaries of Ancestry's sytem.

I'd make sure I had a look at both GRO index images, and go for whichever looked more likely. You don't mention the year, so it's not obvious whether there's an age to narrow it down.

edit Can't be an age on display - it's too early to have ##a type volumes.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
          Oops, yes I can - the other ref is for a birth in the same name in Q1 1838.
          Yes that is her birth Merry.

It's the first time I've come across this type of thing, and the really odd bit is that it didn't save the page I was on, it redirected.

Many thanks for taking a look.
          Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
            I don't know the vagaries of Ancestry's sytem.

I'd make sure I had a look at both GRO index images, and go for whichever looked more likely. You don't mention the year, so it's not obvious whether there's an age to narrow it down.

edit Can't be an age on display - it's too early to have ##a type volumes.

Christine
            Sorry Christine, I meant to say 1839.
            Jules

Comment

Working...
            X