Probate calendar look up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate calendar look up

I'm hoping that somebody will be able to check to see if there is a will for the following people who all died in Bodmin, Cornwall.

William BENNETT - died May 1880

Philip BENNETT - died May 1891

Matilda Ann Nicholls BENNETT - died June quarter of 1912

Charles BENNETT - died December 1925

One more

William BENNETT who died February 1920 at 38 Delhi Street, Landport, Portsmouth.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help
    Pauline
    xx
    OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
    www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

Yes, I'll be able to look those up for you next time I go to the record office, Pauline.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hope you don`t mind me jumping in Pauline, i am hopeing there is a will some where for a Adam Underwood buried in Thorpe Satchville Leicestershire 19 Aug 1813 please

Sylvia
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
      Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
      Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Sorry, Sylvia, but wills before 1858 aren't listed on the National Probate Calendar. You could try Leicestershire Record Office?
        KiteRunner

Comment

Thank you for that Kiterunner

Sylvia
          Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
          Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
          Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Thanks Kiterunner. I'll wait to hear from you
            Pauline
            xx

Comment

I searched a 4-year span for each one, starting with the year of death, and these were the only ones I found:

BENNETT Philip
              Personal Estate £96 15s 10d
              4 August. The Will of Philip Bennett late of Bodmin in the County of Cornwall Tailor who died 29 May 1891 at Bodmin was proved at Bodmin by William Stephen Bennett of 156 Parrock-street Gravesend in the County of Kent and Charles Bennett of Bodmin Tailor the Sons two of the Executors.

BENNETT Charles of Bodmin died 5 December 1925. Administration (with Will) Bodmin 16 February to May Bennett spinster. Effects £296 1s 4d.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks for that info Kate. Gives some info to go on, and there is a fellow researcher who will be thrilled as Charles and Philip are her g and gg grandfathers respectively :D. They are related to me, but a bit more distantly.

Where would she send off to for copies of the wills?
                Pauline
                xx

Comment

Publications - Guidance - Probate - Guide to obtaining copies of probate records

should give her all the info she needs to order them.
                  KiteRunner

Comment

I had a quick look (I mean very quick look in at the probate office as I didn't have much time) the other day and apart from what KiteRunner found I found a couple of William Bennetts but I'm not sure that they will be of use to you.

BENNETTS William
                    Personal Estate Under £800
                    26 May. The Will of William Bennetts late of the Parish of Illogan in the county of Cornwall Farmer who died 11 June 1879 at Illogen was proved at Bodmin by Mary Ann Bennetts Widow the Relict and William Bennetts farmer the son both of the Mayor in Illogan the Executors.

BENNETTS William
                    P E U £1000
                    Estate Probate Jan 1896 (line written in hand)
                    1 Oct. The Will with a Codicil of William Bennetts late of Herland Cross in the Parish of Breage in the county of Cornwall farmer who died 18 Dec 1879 at Herland Cross was proved by Celia Bennetts of Herland Cross Widow the Relict the Elexutrix under certain limitations.

I only picked them out as they mentioned Bodmin and Cornwall.

Comment

John,

Thanks for looking. I just wish they were mine, but sadly not :(

Despite my lot being tailors, and in business, it would seem that they didn't make wills :(
                      Pauline
                      xx

Comment

Working...
                      X