Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irvingite family burials London advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irvingite family burials London advice please.

Apologies for the lengthy message BUT:
    I'm trying to tie up some loose ends in relation to the Hardy family who lived in London during the 19th century. I have not been able to find where they were buried and in some cases I cannot find birth records either. I'm wondering whether their connection to the Irvingite or Apostolic church may be the reason. The family were apparently very wealthy living in Notting Hill/Russell Sq and running a woolen draper shop at 125 New Bond St. so I suspect any memorials would be worth seeing. I'd appreciate any help.

PARENTS
    John Hardy b.1810 Croston, Leicestershire d.9 Oct 1891, 12 Linden Gardens, Notting Hill, London
    m
    Phillis Stinson b.1810 Stamford, Lincs d. apr 1877, Bloomsbury, London

I have found baptism records from IGI Harrow Road (paddington) Apostolic Church for two of the children but no birth records for any. I have found no burial sites despite searches at cemes at Kensal and Highgate. Where else?

CHILDREN
    George Hardy abt 1835 d?
    John Stinson Hardy April 1837 - Harrow Rd bap. d.1844
    Emily Hardy Oct 1838 - Harrow Rd Bap. Later Hancock.
    Clara Hardy abt 1846 - Later Howlett
    Ernest Meredith Hardy abt 1851 - d.25.7.1912

Thanks

Just checked Abney Park Cemetery with no luck.

Comment

Don't know if these are of any use, but....

Births Dec 1838
      HARDY Emily
      Marylebone 1 192

Births Jun 1846
      HARDY Clara
      Marylebone 1 216

Births Dec 1851
      HARDY Ernest Meredith
      Kensington 3 439

PS: Welcome to the site :D
      Last edited by Orangeblossom; 28-04-09, 20:38.
      Tracy

Comment

Nothing in the short death announcement to suggest where John Hardy died 1891 may be buried, it just says after a long illness in his 82nd Year.

I wondered if there might be anything more in the papers.

Leiko

Comment

thanks for trying - very kind.

Comment

Again for Phillis it just says, April 2nd, 1877 aged 66 at Russell Square wife of John.

Leiko

Comment

Hi Leiko - what is "short death announcement" and where can I search it?
              Thanks

Comment

Don't know if this is a lead, but Edith Annie Wife of Ernest Meredith Hardy was buried in 1939 at Putney Vale Cemetery.

Leiko

Comment

Wow Leiko - That's amazing I've been looking for her for eight years - brilliant, thank you. How did you find?

Comment

Hi Greenwood

I am looking at the 19th century newspapers via the Lancashire Library Site.

You can join the library free online and they will post out your library membership card. In the meantime they email you a pin number that you can use to access their online databases - the 19th century newspapers, 17th and 18th century Burney collection and the Times. The Times also has John Hardy's Will Announcement. I thought you might already have this.

Leiko

Comment

I do have the will - thanks for the tip.

Comment

It says that Edith Annie (of 7 Hurlingham Gardens), widow of Ernest Meredith Hardy died July 19th 1939 aged 85. Funeral to be held at Putney Vale Cemetery, Friday (July 21st)at 12 Noon.

Get signed up with the Library Online and you can see it for yourself.

Leiko

Comment

Working...
                        X