Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Census from Ancestry

Here I go agaian.........

When I try to print the actual census return from Ancestry, I have a message saying 'An error has occurred'. What 'error' - where - I can't see anywhere to go for help.

I can print anything else, no problem.

Any offers please???

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

I always save the census image to my comp trim the black edge and print from there ;;
    or do you mean the cesus frot page ??
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

If it printing the main front page I always hightlight what I want to print so as I am not getting all the ancestry blurp from bottom right click and print selection ;;;try that

Comment

Hi Babs

It's the transcript I'm struggling with. I always used to be able to press the button at the top right where it says 'print' and all was well - but not now - I just get the silly message! :(

Update:

I've just checked on 'Help' in Ancestry and it says that if pages are 'unavailable', there's probably a temporary glitch (but this started yesterday) stopping my pooter from receiving the info and to try again in a few hours, as nothing can be done - happy days!

Gwyn
        Last edited by Oscar; 28-04-09, 12:29. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

Well like I say babe I have always just saved once it was open to my comp and printed that way so have never tried your method good luck dear

Comment

Try a screen grab instead: On your keyboard there is a key Prt Sc or Print Screen
            Click this together with Ctrl at the same time, then open wordpad/notepad ect., and right click mouse and select paste and you should have the copy of whatever it is that you see on the screen in front of you.
            This works with anything including pictures,photos, or anything that you bring up on the screen. Crop out the bits you dont need.

Edna

Comment

Thanks for that Edna - will have a go!! It just peeves me that I can't do it the way I've always been used to.

Gwyn

Comment

Working...
              X