One for restoration and brightening please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for restoration and brightening please

This photo dates from 1956. Could someone please clean it up a bit and in particular try and make it brighter? Joy.

Joy

Was about to go to bed as this appeared ~ how pleasant

It would be a nice one to colour, so please let us know if you'd like colourised versions
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

One from me.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

A coloured one from me.

Wendy

Comment

I hadn't thought of having a coloured one, but it's a very nice effect, and I seem to remember that my sister's dress was white with coloured spots on it. Rachel, would the colouring be any different on your version? Joy.
          Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Lewis View Post
            Rachel, would the colouring be any different on your version? Joy.

:D The colouring can be a different as you like :D

Any ideas or shall I just see where it takes me ?

Lovely fresh colours from Wendy
            ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Here's another version with a white dress and coloured spots.

Wendy

Comment

The coloured spots don't seem to show up on here.:(
                Wendy

Comment

WOW ! Rachel and Wendy how do you do that ? Its amazing, you are so clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Astro Lady View Post
                    WOW ! Rachel and Wendy how do you do that ? Its amazing, you are so clever.
                    I've not done a version of this one ! :D

It's all Wendy's work ... and very good too

Comment

Rachel, I'm happy for you to see where it takes you. I too think Wendy's is lovely. My Grandma is wearing a rather interesting hat - can't quite make out what's on the top of it, but she seems very pleased with it. Joy.
                      Joy

Comment

2 versions from me (2nd with texture)
                        Sorry they're bit drab and fuzzy ~ can't seem to concentrate
                        Don't know what it is on her hat :(

Comment

How come your dots show up and mine don't? They do on my PC.:(
                          Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                            Don't know

What colours did you use ? Try making them darker ?

Do you think she has a handle on top of her hat ?

Comment

Hi Wendy
                              Just had a quick go at yours ~ this time using Brian's solution for 'blown sky'

You'd need to work out the pattern if you want to do a proper version

Comment

Thank you both so much - I think they're fantastic! I think my Grandma's hat is a heavily disguised saucepan lid. Joy
                                Joy

Comment

Thanks Rachel, will have a go and see what I can do.

The dots do appear quite clearly in Photoshop, it's only when it's uploaded onto here from Photobucket!!!
                                  Wendy

Comment

Thanks Rachel, will have a go and see what I can do.

The dots do appear quite clearly in Photoshop, it's only when it's uploaded onto here from Photobucket!!!
                                    Do you do a save for web first ? ... that will give you an idea of how much brightness/contrast you need to adjust before it goes on PB

Most of my colours fade when they upload on here and Roots .... really irritating .... and trying to compensate by twiddling around is a pain :(

Comment

Never used that Rachel. Will have a look at that. Thanks.
                                      Wendy

Comment

Working...
                                      X