Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawson

Hi

I'm looking for a John Lawson born 1864 who lived in 9 Pilgrim Street Monkwearmouth Sunderland and married Mary Elizabeth Holmes in c1885 according to 1891 census. By 1901 she was living on her own with 6 children - 3 of them I believe were not John Lawson's although they carried his surname but also with a middle name of Rennie. I think she married a Charles Rennie in 1902. Can't find John anywhere in deaths or 1901 census.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Dave

is this your 1891 ?
    Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 4147; Folio 68; Page 5; GSU roll: 6099257.

Jno Lawson 27
    Mary Lawson 22
    Wm Lawson 5
    Jno Robt Lawson 1
    Jess

Comment

John Lawson - Ancestry.co.uk

7th down John Lawson 1864 wife Mary Durham
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Lawson

Hi

Yes they are mine I'm curious as to where John went after his last child to him was born Annie born c1892.

Comment

There's a John LAWSON, miner, 29, single, on board the STATE OF CALIFORNIA travelling from Glasgow to NY departing 25 September 1891.

There's a John LAWSON, lab, 28, single, on board the LAURENTIAN travelling Liverpool to Montreal departing 15 June 1893

There are some other potentials, which I haven't checked up for occupation and/or age.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Lawson

Thanks for your help - never thought he would move out of the country.

Comment

Dave, is the 1901 census you've found Class: RG13; Piece: 4722; Folio: 20; Page: 32

Mary E Lawson 32 bn Newcastle
              William Lawson 15
              John R Lawson 11
              Annie Lawson 9
              Henrietta R Lawson 4
              Charles B R Lawson 2
              Fredk R Lawson 7 months

What does it say in the occupation column next to Mary?
              Last edited by JulesSmith; 28-04-09, 10:59.
              Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Dave, how do you know they youngest children are called Rennie, do you hve birth certs?

EDIT* Actually I can see from the index that Henrietta is Rennie, but the others are just R
                Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Lawson

Hi

Mary's occupation was a wire winder

I have Charles's birth cert and it has Rennie on it.

My wife's mother had Rennie has a middle name to Lawson.

Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X