Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you apply for Naval records from the second World War ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you apply for Naval records from the second World War ???

I want to get my Husbands Fathers records , are they easy to get ??? and is it the same place to apply as for the Army ????

I got a naval service record from documents on line, only cost 3.50
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

I have my Dads naval records from WW2 and he was given them when he left the Navy. Don't know if this happened to everyone though.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

To obtain RN records for 2 w war, that is for any records after 1923 you have to prove next of kin and send £30 to MOD which used to be at Gosport, but google MOD Gosport for the address. If person is still alive then that person has to either do it himself or agree for next of kin to apply. A form will have to be completed.

The records are not totally complete, at least my father's was not, but it depends on what they were doing.

You will only get the medal entitlements online for the cost of £3 50.

Unfortunately W War 2 records have not yet been released into the public domain by the MOD,and unlikely to be until 75 years after end of 2 W ar which 1945+75 years = 2020. You can obtain ships movements from Kew or Greenwich but this will not contain any names. It can take anything from 3 to 12 months.

You could try this website:

Janet
        Last edited by Janet; 27-04-09, 15:38.

Comment

thanks for your answers I do have his death cert .

Comment

This is where you apply for WW2 Royal Navy records,as previously mentioned all Royal navy personnel prior to 1972 were given their records when they left the service.

This is fact i have my Fathers full documents from his 12 year career in the Roal Navy,he left in 1949

here is the link which explains all

Service records - Royal Navy

George
            Researching Drury, Tinley, Watson, Pavier. Mainly Nottinghamshire

Comment

hyer George this is my Husbands Fathers records they divorced and he took them with him so am going to have to apply for them

Comment

Working...
              X