Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ww2 service records

Hi

Does anyone know roughly how long they take to come from the mod?

I've filled and sent in all the relevent forms etc to get my grandads army records and I've had a reply back saying that at the moment they are taking longer than they would like. This isn't a problem but I got the reply in March which isn't that long ago and was just wondering how long they usually take.

The only concern I've got is that on the letter they sent me they've managed to spell my grandads surname wrong I phoned up and they said they would change it. I just don't want them to say they can't find anything if they're looking for the wrong surname.

I got mine really quickly even though it said they were busy got one lot in 3 weeks , if they did make a mistake with the name they would do it again for free , they could not find one of mine and after supplying some more info they did another look for nothing.

Comment

I have the form to send off for my father's records but it doesn't say who to make the cheque out to - can you tell me please?
      Margaret

Comment

I got some at the back end of last year.

Got the letter to say they were busy, then about 2/3 weeks later I got the records. But I did have his army number so don't know if that speeded things up a bit.
        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          I have the form to send off for my father's records but it doesn't say who to make the cheque out to - can you tell me please?
          Margaret
          Margaret I made it out to 'MOD Accounting Officer'
          Jay

Comment

I have a letter from the Army Personnel Centre dated 16 March 2009 with the same apologies for the time I may have to wait..but the copies of his record arrived this Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by JayG View Post
              Margaret I made it out to 'MOD Accounting Officer'
              Thanks JayG
              Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by colin taylor View Post
                I have a letter from the Army Personnel Centre dated 16 March 2009 with the same apologies for the time I may have to wait..but the copies of his record arrived this Saturday
                I got my letter back from them 30th March, hope i dont have to wait too long now
                Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                  I got my letter back from them 30th March, hope i dont have to wait too long now
                  I got mine back on the 24th March so from reading what others have put hopefully we won't have to wait too long. Not that I'm impatient at all.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  I got mine really quickly even though it said they were busy got one lot in 3 weeks , if they did make a mistake with the name they would do it again for free , they could not find one of mine and after supplying some more info they did another look for nothing.
                  That's good to know. We haven't got his army number so it's just his full name and dob. His name isn't that common though so I'm hoping that might help.

Comment

Dizzzy, will you let us know when yours come please, hopefully mine wont be far behind yours...........................and i'm not that impatient either:D
                    Jacky

Comment

Just over 2 months for my great grandads.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                        Dizzzy, will you let us know when yours come please, hopefully mine wont be far behind yours...........................and i'm not that impatient either:D
                        Pleased I'm not the only one. Don't know if mine will take a little longer though with not having his army number. So if yours comes first will you let me know. I won't be jealous at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzzy View Post
                          Pleased I'm not the only one. Don't know if mine will take a little longer though with not having his army number. So if yours comes first will you let me know. I won't be jealous at all.
                          I certainly will let you know ;)
                          Jacky

Comment

can someone please tell me how to order the army records? i realize my gran will have to apply for them, but im not sure how to go about it?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                              can someone please tell me how to order the army records? i realize my gran will have to apply for them, but im not sure how to go about it?
                              This is the link to the information you need. Hth

Service records - Army

Comment

thank you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                  The good news is that as your gran is his widow she won't have to pay the £30 fee to get them
                                  Jay

Comment

excellent!! wow. that will be great!!

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have the faintest idea what regiment my Dad served in, therefore as far as I can see, I stand no chance at all of getting a copy of his service records.

Comment

Have you a photo of him in uniform, someone may be able to identify the regiment he was in.
                                        Jacky

Comment

Working...
                                        X