X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing death 1856

Can anyone see a death for

Margaret Wrangham

According to her headstone she died 8/6/1856.

She was buried at Bishop Middleham, Co Durham 11/6/1856.
    Jay

Can't see her on the GRO index. District should be Stockton - if she died in Bishop Middleham. Could be that the death registration didn't make it onto the GRO index?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks for double checking Kate.

I'll get in touch with the local RO & see if they have a record.

Don't have any that haven't made it to the GRO
      Jay

Comment

I've got a newspaper cutting all about the death of one of OH's rellies with dates and places and everything but there is no entry for her on the GRO death index.
        KiteRunner

Comment

the only one I can see is june 1852:(
          Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

The date on the headstone could be wrong, but it seems unlikely that the burial register would have the same mistake on, doesn't it?
            KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
              The date on the headstone could be wrong, but it seems unlikely that the burial register would have the same mistake on, doesn't it?
              I was thinking that as her husband's DOD is wrong (got his cert & burial), but her DOD ties in with the burial entry
              Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
                the only one I can see is june 1852:(
                Thanks Jean
                Jay

Comment

there is a Mary Wrangham sept 1856 Liverpool

Comment

Is there any chance she died somewhere else, but was buried in Co Durham?
                    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

is 1856 well covered by freebmd at the mo? is it possible hers is one of the illegible ones on the index? have you looked at the images for the quarter for that year?

Comment

I've checked the index images, Kyle, and can't see her on there.
                        KiteRunner

Comment

twas just a thought. good work kite!! well, maybe she should ask the local r.o.
                          especially if it didn't make it to the gro.

realized she is, after i posted the thought!

Comment

Don't want to destroy all hope but my ggg grandfather died in 1856 aged 88. His death is not on the GRO index OR the local register office!! :(

I knew he must have died(!) - found on the 1851 census aged 83. The only record I have is his burial in the Parish records.

Anne

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I've checked the image & also checked Rangham, Wrangam etc.

I've lost my notes :o but her abode in the burial wasn't Bishop Middleham, but was somewhere in Co Durham. I'll hold off contacting the RO until I find my notes :(
                              Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X