Birth of Ann Read, Ramsgate c1797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth of Ann Read, Ramsgate c1797

Hi, I,m looking for the birth and parents of Ann Read born Ramsgate c1797. I know she married Isaac Jarman in 1816 and they had 7 children. any information would be most helpful. I hope I,ve put that right , my 1st post. Best Wishes Clive

Hi Clive, welcome to FTF.

I've had a quick look on Familysearch and found a baptism for an Ann Read on 20 Oct 1797 at St Laurence, Thanet (which is Ramsgate), daughter of John and Sarah Read. This could be her although there are quite a few other Ann Reads born in the area around that time.
    :D Carolyn

Comment

It might be worth getting a look at the marriage entry for Isaac Jarman and Ann Read if you haven't already, to get the names of the witnesses as they might help you to confirm whether the baptism mentioned above is likely to be your Ann. Also if she was a minor when she married (under 21) then it might say the name of her father.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi,Carolyn and KiteRunner, sorry for the delay in replying,she is the daughter of john and sarah Read.I have sent for the microfiche of St. laurence to see what other information it contains. Thank you for the advice. Best Wishes Clive.

Comment

Working...
        X