Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huggins 1881

Hi

Can someone look at the 1881 census on Ancestry for a George Huggins who ws born in Hebburn c1814 in County Durham and would be living in Southwick or Sunderland.

I have looked at at the Family Search site but he wasn't listed. He was married to Cecillia, sometimes listed as Cecil, Celia or a derivation of that name.

Also if possible look at 1851 census for the same man.

Thanks Dave

In 1881 he's transcribed as George Higgins with Cecilia, James (18 son unmarried) and Mary Kelly 21, boarder

RG11, piece 5004, folio 94, page 31
    Jackie

Comment

I think this is them in 1851 in Monkwearmouth and the wife's name has been written down wrong

George Hugoon 37
      Isabella Hugoon 32
      Isabella Hugoon 11
      George Hugoon 6
      John Hugoon 2

HO107; Piece: 2398; Folio: 15; Page: 23
      Jeanette
      Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Huggins

Thanks very much for the help Jeanette and Jackie. - Much appreciated

Can't get results for 1851 Hugoon on Genes Reunited for Hugoon though but it sounds good to me.

Thanks again Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Luba View Post
          Can't get results for 1851 Hugoon on Genes Reunited for Hugoon though but it sounds good to me.
          If Hugoon was an Ancestry mistranscription, GR may have come up with a different spelling in their transcription.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

unless findmypast havn't got that county online yet?

Comment

Huggins

HI Thanks for the advice.

Jeanette is there any chance of sending me a copy of the original transcript please?

I will provide my e-mail address if it is ok with you.

Thanks Dave

Comment

Done ;)
                Jeanette
                Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Hi Luba, my mothers lifetime friend was/is a Hilda Huggins of Monkwearmouth, two sites which are invaluable are 'Durham records online' and Sunderland City Council I include a piece from the 1901 census which may aid you.

Cecilia Huggins 82 82 1819 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland
                  Annie Huggins 6 6 1895 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland
                  Isabel Huggins 10 10 1891 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland
                  Catherine Huggins 36 36 1865 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland
                  Hannah Huggins 17 17 1884 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland
                  Edith Huggins 0.416 5M 1900 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland
                  Catherine Huggins 3 3 1898 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland
                  Cicilia Huggins 13 13 1888 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland
                  James Huggins 37 37 1864 Durham Sland Sunderland Borough Of Sunderland Shipyard Holderup

Comment

Working...
                  X