Internet Explorer 8 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 8 help please

I'm trying out IE8 on the laptop, and whenever I want to post a link in a thread on this site, I get a message saying "This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows..." then when I click, I can only allow them temporarily, so the next time I have to do the same thing all over again. Does anybody know how to allow them permanently, please?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Found this under IE8 help - hope it makes sense for you - I must have mine ticked because it doesn't ask me that (or hasn't so far!)

This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows.

Internet Explorer has blocked a website from using a small program (called a script) to display a separate window. Hackers sometimes use scripted windows to mimic legitimate windows, such as login screens, that appear on websites. If you trust the website and want to allow the scripted window, click the Information bar, and then click Temporarily Allow Scripted Windows. To always allow scripted windows, select the Allow websites to prompt for information using scripted windows check box.
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Marion, that sounds like what I want to do - except I don't know where the "check box" is! Thanks.
      KiteRunner

Comment

If you go to Help and type in scripted windows there's a whole load of things about scripted wndows - I assume it's the box that comes up when you try to copy/download something - I've seen a box coming up saying it has stopped something from operating and if you want it to work click here - have you had that come up at all?

Comment

Yes, Marion, I think that would be the message I get but as I say, the only option that came up was to allow it temporarily.
          KiteRunner

Comment

I haven't installed IE8 yet, but in IE7 you can adjust various settings by clicking on the Tools tab and then Internet Options. I would have thought there would be similar menus/tabs in IE8? Maybe there's something under the Advanced or Security tab in Internet Options?
            Sarah

Comment

This is a solution posted to the same issue in IE7:
              Go to - Tools, Internet Options, Security (make sure internet is highlighted, the globe) then click custom level button, scroll down to scripting, go to the fouth item click enable, then click OK. It may ask you to click the Apply button.
              from: http://forums.autosport.com/showthre...threadid=90155
              Sarah

Comment

Thanks, Sarah - I'll try it next time I'm on the laptop.
                KiteRunner

Comment

It works! Thanks, Sarah.
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Yay! Glad it's worked!
                    Sarah

Comment

Glad it's sorted - sorry I was in bed zzzzzzing!!:D

Comment

Hi KiteRunner
                        You should try "Firefox" it a lot better and is infront on IE8
                        Yorkshirelad

Comment

Yes, we have got Firefox as well.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                          X