Electoral Rolls/Birth Cert questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral Rolls/Birth Cert questions

Can I find if someone is on the electoral roll for last year/this year if I know what area they are possibly living in?

Also when I was born, my 'father' wasn't put on my birth cert. My mum was very young and said 'father' not present at regstration, nor was my mother never asked about a 'father'. Did they just presume or is it just a case of 'they never asked her'?

Hi tessie

You can try putting the name and area into the search on Search for People, Businesses and Maps - 192.com and see what comes up for free. I think it is quite expensive to pay them for full details.

Of course if the person has opted not to be included on the electoral rolls sold to commercial undertakings they will not appear.

Re father's name on birth certificate, you might find it useful to read this:

Birth Certificate Tutorials

Ice

Comment

Thanks I will have a look at these!

Comment

If your parents were not married at the time of your birth, and your father was not present at registration, then his name CANNOT go on the certificate.

He has to be either present at registration, or send a sworn affidavit to say that he is your father.

OC

Comment

Working...
        X