No announcement yet.

Local Records Offices - speedy service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Records Offices - speedy service.

I sometimes read threads about people having to wait frustratingly long for theur certs to arrive. Well, I have a different tale to tell.

I phoned up a couple of LRO's on Monday to order some certs.

Aldershot said it didn't sound 'too promising', as I couldn't give exact addresses - but they arrived on Wednesday!

And the one from Reading came on Thursday!

Is this a record??

I do always find the LROs so helpful - they'll often go out of their way to help. On one occasion the chap said he wouldn't be able to photocopy the cert - can't remember the reason now - but when the cert came, he'd managed to photocopy the bit with my ancestor's signature on it! Lovely man - I could have kissed him!

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Bee

This has always been my experience with local Register Offices too - faster than the GRO and a million times more helpful and flexible.

OC

Comment

I have no praise too high for Birmingham Register Office. They are simply wonderful.

Comment

Unfortunately my favourite (and most used) local Register Office no longer handles direct enquiries - it's all supposed to be done through a central site now.

But - tee hee - I had such a good relationship with the Registrar there that I now have her desk telephone number, on pain of death if I tell anyone else!

OC

Comment

What is it?
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
          X