Robert Bourn (b 1871/2 Dilworth, Lancashire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Bourn (b 1871/2 Dilworth, Lancashire

The above, who was my grandfather, married my maternal grandmother, Annie Knagg, the name which appears on the marriage cert (christened Hannah Woodend Knagg, just to add to the confusion) on April 1 1911 at Little Urswick, Cumbria (have cert).

I cannot find him anywhere on the 1911 census which I know was taken on 2 April.

This person has given me soooo much grief - he has been (and continues to be) so elusive.

Any offers of help please - I have looked in Cumbria and Lancashire, with no success. Can a person just not have been registered - I suppose it could happen.............

ps - I have tried the wildcard search on surname too.

Gwyn
    Last edited by Oscar; 25-04-09, 17:29. Reason: ps added
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
    The above, who was my grandfather, married my maternal grandmother, Annie Knagg, the name which appears on the marriage cert (christened Hannah Woodend Knagg, just to add to the confusion) on April 1 1911 at Little Urswick, Cumbria (have cert).

I cannot find him anywhere on the 1911 census which I know was taken on 2 April.

This person has given me soooo much grief - he has been (and continues to be) so elusive.

Any offers of help please - I have looked in Cumbria and Lancashire, with no success. Can a person just not have been registered - I suppose it could happen.............

Gwyn
    I suppose if they went camping for their honeymoon ;)
    Margaret

Comment

I think they may have had a bit of a squeeze Margaret - as my Mum was born in the September (shock, horror!) hee, hee! Still a mystery though..........

Gwyn

Comment

i found a robert brown born 1871 with dilworth in place ofbirth with an annie in preston lancs - not clicked on transcription tho. might be mistranscription.
        Angelina

Comment

Oh Angelina - thanks so much.

As I said, I've played with the 'wild card' there, but came up with zilch. I've checked both dates of birth and they are close enough, so off to buy more credits. (Hammer OH's card again.....)

With again, many thanks

Gwyn

Comment

Working...
          X