Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!

I am looking for the death of Isaac James Bottomley born in 1887 in London. I have him in the censuses and I think he might have died in 1915, but I cannot find any record of it.

HI
    Where in London would the death have been registered and the last census you found him on.
    GWEN

Comment

Why do you think he may have died in 1915?
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

in 1911 he was in Paddington, London. I've been told he died in the war, wheter that's right or not I don't know. I'm just going with what I've got. Are there death records I can look at for soldiers?

Comment

nothing is jumping out at me been looking for a while and in the military records on Ancestry. Sorry
          GWEN

Comment

Thanks for looking

Comment

Death registrations on FreeBMD are not fully transcribed for the years you think he might have died..............I checked up to 1930

Comment

There doesn't seem to be anything on the CWGC site for Bottomley in WW1... but that may be because the search doesn't seem willing to admit to records which I know are there.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Just had another look. I can get results for the surname, but not in combination with the initials/name.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X